Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
TKC80 Of course 180 works!
Off road tires run narrow, you don’t need a fat knobby. I have the same bike with the same tire. Great tire btw. That tire was made specifically for this bike and similar as a matter of fact! Some run TKC70 in front as TKC80 is not very stable at high speed. Anyhow, bottom line is yes that’s the right tire :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone tried the Contenintal TrailAttack 3? I really like the RoadAttack 3 for pavement but I too am looking for a more dirt oriented tire for my 2010 Multi (had to sell my dual sport so want the Multi to fill that roll too!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone tried the Contenintal TrailAttack 3? I really like the RoadAttack 3 for pavement but I too am looking for a more dirt oriented tire for my 2010 Multi (had to sell my dual sport so want the Multi to fill that roll too!)
forgot to add - the TrailAttack is available (according to Contenintal) in 120/70 and 190/55.

·
Registered
329 Posts
TKC80 is the only true rear dirt tire available for Multi. No one else makes a 180 for dirt. Everything else (including Contenintal TrailAttack 3) are just mild off road (fire roads etc..) Well, just look at the treads and compare.

·
Registered
31 Posts
TKC80 is the only true rear dirt tire available for Multi. No one else makes a 180 for dirt. Everything else (including Contenintal TrailAttack 3) are just mild off road (fire roads etc..) Well, just look at the treads and compare.
Sorry to hijack the post a little. However, in my case the "fire road" tire is what I'm looking for. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. (I don't think the steering geometery and small wheels will allow the Multi to ever be a true dirt bike - or even a quality off road dual sport. That doesn't mean that isn't a lot of fun off road, 'cause it sure is!)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm running the Trail Attack 3s right now and love them. I had been running PR 3, 4 and 5s, which I loved-especially the 5. But I wanted better grip on dirt trails so I tried the Trail Attacks. I have about 5,000 mi. on them so far and they're holding up well. That includes about 1,000 miles of twisties (CA Hwy 36 and Lost Coast, Mt. Palomar), lots of freeway miles, and some dirt/gravel roads and trails.

Handling is excellent and they behave better than I expected in the dirt. I'm likely to put another set on when this one is done. It looks like both tires still have good tread, at least another few thousand miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts