Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with a few mates mainly very narrow & twisty up down B roads. Fuck me felt like Travis Pastrami.......or whatever his name is. Its like riding a crosser with a rocket engine. lost count how many times i was airborn going thro thr Trough of Bowland.
Superb.

My mate on his 853 converted 748 said he was pissed off with trying to catch me. I know his bike is not the bike for the roads we were on but he is a really good rider so for him to say that cheered me up.

I must slow down tho , The SF makes me ride like a complete twat.

Also its a strange feeling going airborn & then the engine goes quiet as the DTC kicks in , almost feels like its stalled & then it starts again when it lands. Freaky

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
i have heard from one other "test pilot", that the SF is a good flier as well as a good cornerer. Feel free to petition Travis Pastrami to start performing stunts on the SF. The only problem I foresee is that he overjumps everything on the SF... but it would be nice to see the SF do a back flip.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
How do you get the chance to speed, I thought UK had every inch of roads covered with ticket cameras!?

Chris

Went out with a few mates mainly very narrow & twisty up down B roads. Fuck me felt like Travis Pastrami.......or whatever his name is. Its like riding a crosser with a rocket engine. lost count how many times i was airborn going thro thr Trough of Bowland.
Superb.

My mate on his 853 converted 748 said he was pissed off with trying to catch me. I know his bike is not the bike for the roads we were on but he is a really good rider so for him to say that cheered me up.

Also its a strange feeling going airborn & then the engine goes quiet as the DTC kicks in , almost feels like its stalled & then it starts again when it lands. Freaky

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only the major roads mate, the ones that Sunday & Starbuck bikers use. Off the beaten track & in the countryside you can go like fuck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Superb.

Sounds like a load of fun. So do we get any pictures of Blackie's B road adventures? I am thinking of getting a bike cam just to get some airborne shots. Maybe I need one that has a motion sensor and leave it on the bike as I just looked at my sons Facebook wall and see he was out on my SF while I am traveling........cheeky monkey.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry BG . managed to get 2 pics of the trip .too busy riding.:D
Thanks for the pictures Blackie. Pretty country and bikes.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Looks a little damp to be making like Travis P...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow no need for headlights in the UK??
Ahh thats my mates 748 with 853 conversion.We are allowed to have bikes with a daytime Mot. ie no need for lights or indicators but can only be used on the road during the day. And besides he was behind me all day & i,ve got my light:D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it WAS flashing like a christmas tree...:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
You've got to work on those chicken strips on your rear tire, though. They are pretty wide. Preferably on a drier day. ;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I,m coming up to Scotland hopefully this year. If not then we will do it next..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Have to be in Newcastle next week and can fly into either Glasgow or Edinburgh. Will rent a car and drive to Newcastle and back. Any suggestions for which place and route? Thanks in advance.
Sorry about the threadjack:)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Edinburgh is nearer.Then its just motorway all the way there & back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts