Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

160 progress

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jengel451 
#1 ·
Got if fired up and running last night, for sitting since 71 it's got some compression. After the marvel mystery oil burned out of the ports and pipe it's not smoking at all. Fingers crossed.

couple little thngs left. Put timing cover and chain gaurd on. Make sure wiring is hooked up right (I hope) and maybe swap the carb, the del is a bit finicky.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice looking Monza. Glad to see someone keeping it original, not turning it into a cafe like everyone else nowdays. It has got its own style, and it looks great in silver and black. I would suggest the original decals for the tank (flying eagle) to give it even more OEM flavor. Just my two cents. Please post some pics on motoscrubs board if you have not already. Dan

#5 ·
Thanks all.

In all seriousness, this didn't take much more than elbow grease and a crap load of steel wool.

She's a 20 footer at best.

I did blast the tin in my Harbor Frieght special cabinet blaster since it was all jacked up. Rattle canned it sliver (using primer of course) I didn't use gloss over it, nor did I use any filler, I just shot it as is since everything else looks "well used"

Everything else was just wiped down and/or scrubbed with steel wool. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the chain, tires and throttle cable.

That's it folks. I'll probably leave it as is and ride the crap out of it.

#7 ·
Regarding the decals.

I've seen someone on ebeh selling some for an insane amount. Since this is a "budget bike" any other suggestions?

#9 ·
$70 for just the tool box decals. Sorry, but i know how much it costs to do stickers and die cuts etc.

If i was going show quality, I might think about it, but it's still a stretch.

That being said, anyone willing to take a close up photo's of thier tool/air boxes and tanks? I can probably have my guy do some up.

#10 · (Edited)
Decals could be found in lots of places. Guzzino.com, bevelheaven.com, domiracer.com etc. Certainly don't pay $70 for them. Try in $25-30 range.

P.S. Make sure you get a pair (they have to be mirror images of each other) rather than 2 identical ones. It maybe obvious, but I have seen people come in with two same ones asking to put one on each side of a gas tank ;-) Dan

Here is an example:http://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=747

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.