Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post, my first Ducati, my first everything I guess. I am a pretty beginner when comes to moto, (owed a GS500 and a Versys 650) although I love the look/sound of the Hyper 1100. I didi not ride the last 4 years at all (and feel a bit nervous to be honest) and now I got a good deal on a 2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP. Would a 16 or 17 front sprocket calm down the beast until I get more confidence? I am afraid of any unintentional wheelies...
Thank you so much for your time and advice.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I wouldn't make that change. I would just go easy on the throttle, it's not that scary. It's not two stroke scary.

Plus, there is only just so much room for the front sprocket and I don't even think a 16, let alone a 17, would fit with the chain on it.

Dave

·
Registered
570 Posts
Plus one on the above reply. While the Hyper has a reputation for wheelies etc., it is a very controllable engine and will be just as friendly as you choose, so there is no need to be concerned it will run away from you.
As you gain confidence with it, the performance that is available when you do crank the throttle on will help you to easily become comfortable with more adventurous riding modes such as wheelies, so in many ways the Hyper is a good bike to develop your riding skills to a higher level.
Good luck and I suggest you review the old posts on this forum to learn more about your brilliant new bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts