Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had a 15K service where valve check shows out of spec and needing adjustment. I'm assuming your bike is not a track bike.

I’m getting close to 15K and will be doing a trip that will go over the 15K by the time I’m back. I plan on doing my own service in the fall. Bike runs great with no funny noises or issues. Any thoughts.

Will any of the E-bay Service Manual work or do I need to get the OEM Ducati Service manual from Ducati? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If the bike is running good and goes over the recommended mileage for a valve check, not a big deal. Concerning a service manual, LT Snyders 4V Maintenance Guide is a good one. It has a complete chapter on valve adjustment. Written by a mechanic, it tells you not just what to do , but how to do it. There are also videos on you tube.

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the bike is running good and goes over the recommended mileage for a valve check, not a big deal. Concerning a service manual, LT Snyders 4V Maintenance Guide is a good one. It has a complete chapter on valve adjustment. Written by a mechanic, it tells you not just what to do , but how to do it. There are also videos on you tube.

Mike
Thanks for the info on the service manual. I'll pick one up asap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Likewise what ducatimike says..... great manual and I wouldn't worry about running slightly over on the clearances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts