Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy a 14th sprocket for a 1098 SF ? I see other 14th sprockets for 1098, not sure if there is any difference. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is my next purchase, gearing is stupid-tall as delivered......top gear @ around 6k rpm is near 90mph, so I can't imagine lacking top end with the 14t.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question, how much is a dealer install on something like this ? Just figuring about $45 for the impact socket from snap on, just wondering if it would come close to just have a dealer do it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Got the Afam on mine and the quick release carrier on the rear Bear in mind if you get a chain you need a longer one that the 1098.
I was the first in the UK to order one & the chain was the wrong length

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got her done ! Stripped the over torque clutch slave bolts, that kinda pissed me off. Ha to get new one, and the eccentric chain tool figuring out how to work it to tighten chain, but now a piece of cake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just found a brand new still packaged sprocket from my Monster I never used,

This should work on my Streetfighter 848 right? Anyone disagree?

Pignone Z14 LightW Sprocket THK.7(525)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just found a brand new still packaged sprocket from my Monster I never used,

This should work on my Streetfighter 848 right? Anyone disagree?

Pignone Z14 LightW Sprocket THK.7(525)
I think the are the same..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quick question, how much is a dealer install on something like this ? Just figuring about $45 for the impact socket from snap on, just wondering if it would come close to just have a dealer do it.
You're about to make an excellent modification to the SF for street riding. Helps in all aspects, around town, freeway and the twisty bits, you'll be glad you did it! :D

I personally had the socket and ordered the chain adjuster tool from MOTOMFG.com. Both you may need later on anyway. But I believe a dealer would charge no more than a half an hour of labor, so depends on your dealer. It's a relatively easy job. Either way, shouldn't cost you much.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I changed to the 14th Sprocket front. But changed it back to stock....

Yes it is "easier" to ride in traffic , but the gearing is way to nervous for me.. Felt uncomfortable riding around with it.

Everybody has their own taste and way of riding , But for me "no thank you".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts