Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14t is the way to go, BUT in all the threads I searched, no one brought up or linked these options. My question is two-fold

1) how will pitch (520 vs 525) affect me (if at all)? I'm interested in the why, so even if the short answer is 'it wont', I'd still read and enjoy the rational from someone who knows.

2) Any real pros/cons between the OEM lightweight, the superlight, and what is the deal with the rubber dampened sprockets?

I'll be doing this soon, its not expensive, but either way I'd rather be over informed and enjoy the journey. Thanks in advance for your time, I know this is a little bit of a loaded question and I appreciate you all taking the time to answer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stock chain and sprockets are 525 so if you‘re just changing the front then buy a 525. The other options are your choice, I don’t really have any comment either way. I used a regular 525 on mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response and fair point @ticktock
I didn't think to look at the OEM spec. That might be the way to go. Imma hold off on buying anything until someone can chime in on the pro/con rubber dampened vs steel issue.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
the drawback is that the 14t puts the chain closer to the swinging arm and you will be aware of it rubbing at low speeds. After a long time using the 14t I changed back to a 15, but went 44 on the rear.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
520 and 525 have the same exact pitch and roller size. Width, strength, and weight are the only difference.

The rubber damper on the front sprocket is only an attempt to make it quieter. It’s not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts