Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at them for a while and trying to establish if that is a decent deal.

bike is clean, under 10k miles, nicely equipped but nothing outrageous. (full termi mainly, and other relatively minor stuff)
I dont usually buy from dealers but they would be willing to take my 2010 Streetfighter S in a trade + 6k out the door
I typically sell my bikes on craigslist but have been so tired of tire kickers lately...

would appreciate your thoughts?

unless there is a multi owner that wants a nice Streetfighter S that is :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
In my opinion, no. I'm guessing the bike is no longer under warranty, unless it comes with an extended warranty. 15k Desmo service will be due in 5k miles, tack on another $1500. Just as a reference, I paid 16k for a brand new touring edition back in 2015, came with a 2 year warranty. However, if you can negotiate them having them include the Desmo service, then it could turn out to be a better deal. Assuming they are an authorized Ducati dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, yes still under warranty (extended) for another 4+ years... I am also sponsored by a shop for my racing activities.
service won't cost me more than parts...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Opinion

I also thought about a similar deal on a 14 and ended up buying a new 1200s 2016 in October of 16.

Reasons: I liked the DVT engine way more, service costs, things like chains, sprockets, tires etc, add up fast and in the past when I bought for a deal instead what I really wanted I either regretted it or traded earlier. There was about 3,500 I saved because it was late in the model year.

I believe the full Termi is super nice though and that year had the better wheels on the PP.

There were many upgrades in 15 and I love my 16. You may prefer the more beastly gen two but for me the DVT was preferable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definitely targeting a dual spark 13-14

I would only consider a DVT if somewhat of a trade came along but my first choice is a 13-14 silver S or pikes peak.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
$11.5K tops. Be into the 2018 model yr in as many months, 11 and half sounds about right for a four yr old PP. But I'm just guessing. All depends on the market.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Seems a bit high for a 14 but if you include the cost of the Termi and if it's in 'like new' condition and if the extended warranty is a good one - and you want the bike... why not. It's not crazy high for a bike that's low mileage.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think 12K wouldn't be a bad deal, but no more than that.

Cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suppose them taking my Streetfighter in for a trade makes things a tad easier and is to be considered, but I am starting to see that although slightly under blue book, this PP for 14k is not such a great deal...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I suppose them taking my Streetfighter in for a trade makes things a tad easier and is to be considered, but I am starting to see that although slightly under blue book, this PP for 14k is not such a great deal...
I would try and sell the Streetfighter yourself too, $6k to me is a bit low but I guess it is an easy guarantee but the SF has become a little more desirable now that it's not made anymore...

If you were east coast within 600 miles and would take 6k cash I'd probably be driving over ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bought my '14 PP late last year w/ 9500 miles. A few Rizoma, Ducati Performance, and extra carbon fiber upgrades.

$12.5k then, and I added a 4-year comprehensive warranty for $750, which I already used to address a fuel sensor issue.

I mirror the sentiment that $12k is appropriate, especially since the riding season will end in a few months. I recommend you add warranty, as it can save you lots considering the electronic gadgetry and general nuances of the bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are offering to take my SFS + 6k for that 14 PP multi. It's actually 8k miles (i was being approximative)It has upgraded brakes, a full exhaust and as I previously mentioned an extended warranty till August 2021
I've been looking at SFS sales prices and the time they take to sell and that's the part that is scaring me a bit. And dealing with tire kickers of course....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. Exactly it's like me getting 8k for my SFS. and a well equipped 4+ year warranty pp multi.

·
Registered
698 Posts
They are offering to take my SFS + 6k for that 14 PP multi. It's actually 8k miles (i was being approximative)It has upgraded brakes, a full exhaust and as I previously mentioned an extended warranty till August 2021
I've been looking at SFS sales prices and the time they take to sell and that's the part that is scaring me a bit. And dealing with tire kickers of course....

I say if you love it, go for it. You can spend months of valuable riding time waiting for that "great" deal. The price is not high, it's fair, you don't have to wait months dealing with "tire kickers" (as you said) selling yours and you are up and riding the bike you want. How much is your time worth? You really want to wait weeks or months of shopping and to save a few bucks? Life is short, spend as much of it doing what you enjoy. Take the deal and don't look back!

IMHO of course!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts