Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for some reason I can't get the rider mode to change while the bike is actually rolling. I can stop the bike and I can switch rider modes with no problem. I've tried multiple ways: clutch in while trying to change, shifting to neutral while trying to change, leaving it in gear while rolling while pushing out on the front brake lever and pulling up on the rear brake lever, but nothing. It will display the message (let off brakes and throttle to change mode - or something like that) for a few seconds but it just reverts back to whatever mode I'm trying to change out of.

I can stop the bike and change the rider mode with no problems. Doesn't matter if I have it in neutral or if I just pull the clutch in, it shift easily with the bike sitting still.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on fixing it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
So, for some reason I can't get the rider mode to change while the bike is actually rolling. I can stop the bike and I can switch rider modes with no problem. I've tried multiple ways: clutch in while trying to change, shifting to neutral while trying to change, leaving it in gear while rolling while pushing out on the front brake lever and pulling up on the rear brake lever, but nothing. It will display the message (let off brakes and throttle to change mode - or something like that) for a few seconds but it just reverts back to whatever mode I'm trying to change out of.

I can stop the bike and change the rider mode with no problems. Doesn't matter if I have it in neutral or if I just pull the clutch in, it shift easily with the bike sitting still.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on fixing it?
I see you've said you tried a lot of things, but none of them were letting off the throttle (though you did say that message comes up). You have to be off the throttle for it to change -- though you didn't list it, maybe you've tried this without success as well but at that point (especially since you can change when stopped) I don't know what would be the matter.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm going to second that motion. Have you been 100% closed throttle after the selection? Works fine for me while riding at any speed. Pull in clutch, close throttle and change mode.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I've had the bike for about four years now, prolly changed modes hundreds of times (mostly from Touring to Enduro). I definitely know to let off the throttle, even though I didn't say it. I even tried to roll the throttle forward, just in case it was sticking or something. Still nothing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is this failure of the bike to switch modes a new problem then or has it always behaved this way? If it's new, then maybe this is a component failure of some sort (brake switch stuck on, etc.).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts