Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for posting this...my bad.

Spent the weekend on the new to me Multistrada and at highway speeds the noise is so loud I can't hear the music in my headset. Now here is the kicker...if I stand up...the noise goes away and I can hear music very well...it's almost quiet. So...my options are to stand up all the time or change screens.

I don't want a larger touring screen, but I do need to reduce the noise around my head.

What is working for others?

TIA!!! I really do appreciate everyone helping me get this bike improved.

And...I do have to laugh that standing up quiets the noise so much it is almost non-existent.... :surprise:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I believe a lot of people recommend going to the PP carbon screen (its the only one I have experience with and in the raised position it adds wind noise as you said, though in the lowest position is pretty good) and I've also read good things about these but cannot speak from experience:

https://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Stradaprod.html

·
Registered
982 Posts
I believe a lot of people recommend going to the PP carbon screen (its the only one I have experience with and in the raised position it adds wind noise as you said, though in the lowest position is pretty good) and I've also read good things about these but cannot speak from experience:

https://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Stradaprod.html
Yes, this. Go short with the windscreen. As short as possible. Or, go barn door from CalSci.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the short screen principal. I put a cheap perspex short screen on soon after I bought the Multi and it was a huge improvement: less buffeting mostly. Later I replaced this with the Pikes Peak screen, which looks a lot better and achieves the same result. You've either got to go for a big ugly screen to throw the wind over your head or a well designed short screen that gives smooth airflow hitting you lower down. In short... go short.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I really disliked the stock GT screen, and I ended up with two other screens:

1) For warm weather riding, I use the Puig racing screen, which is a short screen. It is very versatile, low position for warmest weather, and higher positions as it gets cooler. Very quiet and looks the bomb.

2) For cold/rainy weather, I have a Puig touring screen with an extension on the top. It was pretty good without the extension, but as I'm 6'3" my helmet ended up in a fair bit of turbulence at higher speeds. The extension is new to me, but did well on a recent tour with the wife and 80+ mph speeds when a bit of quiet helped with fatiguing.

I like the look of the Puig screens very much, I think they look great on the Multi.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the Palmer Products adapter and the difference is amazing. I forgot to put my earplugs in and it didn't even matter. An added advantage for me is it moves the screen forward so anything mounted on your bars doesn't hit the screen now. The screen wiggles a little over bumps now...but now big deal.

Same concept as the Madstad I have on the V Strom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts