Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a new to me '14 1200s today, and I'm having a heck of a time finding a rear passenger peg delete. I found one for the new R's, but not for this particular bike. I might just be missing something.

In the States, where's the best place to buy parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
The rider and passenger pegs are a one piece design, you have to change the whole assembly to remove the rider pegs, so aftermarket rear sets are required, unless someone has a better solution.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This is what you need. Complete aftermarket rearsets, or, cut your passenger pegs off and have the rider legs and what's left refinished.

Either way, you have to remove them from the bike, so you might as well just replace them. I got a set of these from a forum member who traded his bike in before he got to install them. For the money, there isn't a better option.

The only downside is that installing them is a PAIN. You have to remove the swingarm pivot bolt. And the stock peg bracket is strutural, connects the motor to the rear subframe, etc... I just paid Mark Sutton at the Ducshop to install them for me. But even with parts and labor, I still came in at HALF the price of the other brands, that you would still need to install.

https://www.geckoracing.it/en/pedan...,-1200-s-2014-2016-rearsets-shop-on-line.html

Comes with the exhaust bracket too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Another option is to find someone with a set of stock rearsets, cut them down, smooth them and then have them powder coated so you don't risk jacking up your stock ones...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts