Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hypermotard SP
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked it with a bald tire, ran fine.
10 days or so sitting; started but skipping.

Did this before a month ago sitting a week, skipped, stalled restarted fine.
Not this time.

Today I verified its the front cylinder

Front pipe much cooler after running than rear

It has good spark
Even tried a new plug
Plug is dry

The fuel pump wires output up to 12v when cranking or skipping at idle

fuel injector holds 45 psi and sprays with 12v applied

my guesses:
Im thinking I have fuel pressure because the back cylinder is working and the lines are in shared.

suspicion: when i remove the line to the injector i expected a pressure release and just got like a dribble.

11,500 miles what do you all think?

·
Registered
2013 Hypermotard SP
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mystery solved though I haven’t finished cleaning I found 2 things.
The air filter fell off inside the airbox.
A mouse chewed up a paper towel and a piece is propping open the throttle blade, which I’m sure makes the computer not allow the fuel injector to fire.
We will see. When I’m done cleaning I will do a compression test and reassemble. Then I will park it in my living room till I build a tight shed for the poor girl.🙄
Thank you all for your suggestions, I will post results tomorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Every winter I tape up the air intake and exhaust pipe as part of my storage ritual, to keep critters from making nests or using my engine for food storage.
A long time ago I had a three-wheeler cylinder completely packed with dogfood, thanks to an industrious mouse and a slightly open exhaust port. I practically did a backflip trying to kick it over in the spring.

·
Registered
2013 Hypermotard SP
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every winter I tape up the air intake and exhaust pipe as part of my storage ritual, to keep critters from making nests or using my engine for food storage.
A long time ago I had a three-wheeler cylinder completely packed with dogfood, thanks to an industrious mouse and a slightly open exhaust port. I practically did a backflip trying to kick it over in the spring.
good ritual👍🏻
Working at a couple atv/snowmobile dealerships;
we would see dog food in the airbox seasonally
Yours and mine are the only times I’ve heard them inside. And yours through the back door😀
Add “place the engine at TDC for storing” to the airbox tape regimine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where do you guys put these things during winter a hayshed or barn? I live in BFE Wyoming & never had these things happen on any of my toys during the off season.....must be the feral cats hanging around.

·
Registered
2013 Hypermotard SP
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more point on this topic:
Looking at the first pic you may ask how can such a well designed retainer came loose
In the second pic there is the other side; another stud nothing special, and it came unscrewed. I loctited it, maybe it was supposed to have some kind of lock washer IDK. Worth checking if your in the area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts