Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where this is on the 1260? On the '10-'14's it was a very small white plug zip tied to the frame on the left side just below the side of the gas tank under the tupperware. Just hoping someone knows where this is so I can hook up my radar without removing all the tupperware and blindly searching.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Anyone know where this is on the 1260? On the '10-'14's it was a very small white plug zip tied to the frame on the left side just below the side of the gas tank under the tupperware.
I probably should let somebody who knows answer your question first but for the record on my 12 the switched 12V port is where you locate it but it's properly fixed to a tab that's welded to the frame. In other words, it looks like a well finished and attached piece, no zip tie.

·
Sophomore Member
2,698 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. This video IS of DVT. I was saying that its different than what Pampero said for the pre-DVT.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did a GPS on my '18

remove the left side cover (black piece that says ducati)

its literally *right* there.
Awesome, thx!!! Were you able to remove just the black piece, or did you have to start at the back and work forward to reveal the hidden fasteners?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not a portion of a workshop manual, but the keyless fuel tank cap installation instruction. It's available for download on any Ducati parts internet shop for free

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome, thx!!! Were you able to remove just the black piece, or did you have to start at the back and work forward to reveal the hidden fasteners?
Just pop off the center cover, remove the two screws under the cover attaching the black side piece, and slide the black piece forward to unhook it from the red fairing. I'll call it J hooks on the back of the black piece that are in slots in the red part. The only part that should be pulled off is the center cap...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts