Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2011 Multi, my average gas mileage over 34,000 miles was 38.5 MPG. Since I bought the 1260 I haven't been tracking gas mileage since I've been breaking it in. Well, last weekend I rode 700 miles, mostly interstate and 2 lane highways (in Illinois and Iowa, so no hills or curves, just slowing for small towns on the 2 lanes).

I was shocked when I filled up with gas. I got 45-47 MPG on the interstate, and 49 MPG on the 2 lane highways! My average was around 48! I can't believe this bike gets 10 MPG better than my 1200!

What are you guys getting for mileage on the 1260s?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have noticed this as well, riding mostly highway speeds I get 47+. Dipping in to the throttle in the city it drops into the mid 30s, where I figured it would live all the time. Definitely a pleasant surprise, I was not expecting a 200+ mile range, but it will do it without a sweat.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
The DVT definitely does a bit better than the pre-15 1200's. I suspect the 1260 will be very close to the DVT 1200 in that respect.

I have about 15-20,000 miles of touring my 15S with my cousin (13S) and brother (STen) on the clock... we've got fuel economy dialed in pretty well. These numbers are from gas stops (not trusting the dash though it's generally pretty good).

When both Multi's were completely stock we were generally within 2 mpg touring but at higher speeds the DVT seemed to do better:
-50mph average speed 2 lane touring: DVT- ~51mpg, 13S- ~50mpg.
-75mph average speed 4 lane touring: DVT- ~45mpg, 13S - ~40mpg
(bit of guestimation there since we don't ride 4 lane much, but the stock DVT is better able to handle speed)

Now my Multi has Rapidbike (dual map) & Arrow Full, Map 1 is tuned and adaptive, Map 2 is stock tune and non-adaptive. The DVT also has -1/+2 gearing. My cousins 13S has +2 gearing but is otherwise stock. We just got back from a 1700 mile ride.

-50mph average 2 lane in the New England area, I used the trip to experiment with Rapidbike:
DVT: Rapidbike Map2 (Stock tune, Touring mode and riding style "Casual Touring"): 51.3 mpg (surprised me given gearing changes)
DVT: Rapidbike Map1 (Adaptive tune, Touring mode and riding style "Casual Touring"): 45 mpg
DVT: Rapidbike Map1 (Adaptive tune, Sport mode, more aggressive riding style but still touring): 39 mpg
13S: From discussion I gathered he was generally using ~4.2 gallons per fill, refilling at 190 miles: 45mpg (not sure why this is so much lower than what we saw before... seems like more than a gear change should explain, bike is due for 30k Desmo service)

The Super Tenere was generally a couple mpg worse than the 13S, though during the fillup where we climbed Mt. Washington he did better than both of us - could be it's more efficient at low speed (25mph speed limit) or steep climbs, who knows.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2015 gets 45mpg in mixed riding. I thought that was pretty good because I tend to be a little heavy with the throttle a lot of the time.

On one longer interstate ride with heavy traffic keeping speeds down a bit I got 51mpg. The worst is in the mountains where we are riding at a sportier pace. That can see mileage in the high 30’s.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
My 2015 gets 45mpg in mixed riding. I thought that was pretty good because I tend to be a little heavy with the throttle a lot of the time.

On one longer interstate ride with heavy traffic keeping speeds down a bit I got 51mpg. The worst is in the mountains where we are riding at a sportier pace. That can see mileage in the high 30’s.
I've gotten under 30mpg with my 15 under certain conditions (in the last instance it was 2 hours at 75mph into a ridiculous headwind).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dam, I get nothing like that kind of mileage. I am lucky to get 35 even commuting, mixed freeway (some a bit fast -80 ish) and city traffic. Weekend twistys I get about 32. Probably too heavy on the throttle but not ridiculous, all the time. I am running the rabid bike with -1/ stock gearing...

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Dam, I get nothing like that kind of mileage. I am lucky to get 35 even commuting, mixed freeway (some a bit fast -80 ish) and city traffic. Weekend twistys I get about 32. Probably too heavy on the throttle but not ridiculous, all the time. I am running the rabid bike with -1/ stock gearing...
Rapidbike in adaptive increases fuel consumption by quite a bit (at least 10%... and more if you ride harder).

In normal mixed riding I get about 40mpg with rapidbike in adaptive... which is why I bought the switch and set up the second map completely stock - the switch won't take long to pay for itself.

Alternatively you could just build the switch yourself for maybe 10 bucks in parts.

Reactions: multimike
1 - 7 of 7 Posts