Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I'm a relatively new 1260s owner. I love this bike, but like so many others, I do find it lacking a bit in the sound department. I know that there are many exhaust threads already, but most concern the 1200 multis. While I seem to be one of the few that actually likes the look of the stock "muffler", it seems that the most practical(if not the most cost effective!) approach is to go with the full Termi system. My questions with the 1260 system are:
1, Does it significantly reduce fuel efficiency? Range is already less than ideal at 180-200 miles per tank.
2, Is there a significant improvement in "rideability"? I.e. while the power delivery is fairly linear, there is a slight tremulous feel when accelerating that may come from lean fueling. I'm not looking for more power, just a little more eagerness and fluidity.
3, Are there any fitment issues with the pannier?

I apologize if this post is at all redundant, but I've been unable to find much on the 1260 specifically.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great question....I was wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully someone will post the answer...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put my full system on as soon as I could at the 1st 1000km service, so I can’t really comment on your first question apart from saying I can fairly comfortably get 320km on a tank, even riding it hard (low fuel light will be on by that stage).

As for riding, again hard to tell from my limited time with the stock system but I’d say it is stronger in the low-mid range.

Panniers, zero issues.

I put mine on for reduced weight and the sound (which is not too over the top, except when quick shifting up :))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curently riding
2012 Aprilia RS125 - simple fun
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - serious fun
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S - fun fun

Kent

·
Registered
822 Posts
If sound is what you seek, the de-cat mid-pipe from LeoVince would solve it. I would add a Rapidbike unit for fueling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts