Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2018 1200S MTS, and as seems to be often the case I am starting to experience a sticking exhaust valve. I keep freeing it up, but it comes back after a few weeks. I‘m thinking of fitting a Healtech ESE and leaving the redundant motor unit in place. After reading a lot of posts I still have a few questions:
1. I assume that the value defaults to the open position under the spring pressure?
2. therefore, there is no need to disconnect the cable at the valve?
3. Are there any other benefits, other than weight saving, in removing the servo unit. It would seem easier to go on a diet that strip it out 😂
4. i believe this is the connector in the photo below, can anyone confirm please.
5. Has anyone had any issues or warning lights coming on with the Healtech ESE?

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
I simply removed the flap, that's it! Easy-peasy!
Left everything else as is....

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Yup... remove the flap, zip tie the cable out of the way and you're done. IF you have a reason to remove the subframe then take the motor out... but it's too much work to do JUST for the motor unless you're crazy OCD.

Reactions: Graham3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds a lot easier and cheaper!
How do you remove the flap. Do you have to drill out the attachment fasteners from inside the pipe, leaving the spindle?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I think most folks drill out the flap... I replaced the exhaust so didn't have to deal with the flap at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your advice. I took my dremmel to the valve flap this afternoon and removed it. Problem solved.
It also sounds amazing when it’s opened up. It now sounds like my Panigale, great result😎
cheers
Graham

1 - 9 of 9 Posts