Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I think this new Multi is a great looking bike and I love it's versitility. As of now I want it for my next bike, would be nice if I could keep the Hyper to. Ain't going to happen this year though. Alex if I was you I'd wait till next season by then you'll know which model is right for you and the 2011 one's will probablly have some bugs worked out. You do make a great point as you say you don't need heated grips or abs. If I was to order one now I'd probably go S model because I would want the bags, abs, and grips the ohlins suspension would be the cherry on top. Oh yeah I'd go black

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think this new Multi is a great looking bike and I love it's versitility. As of now I want it for my next bike, would be nice if I could keep the Hyper to. Ain't going to happen this year though. Alex if I was you I'd wait till next season by then you'll know which model is right for you and the 2011 one's will probablly have some bugs worked out. You do make a great point as you say you don't need heated grips or abs. If I was to order one know I'd probably go S model because I would want the bags, abs, and grips the ohlins suspension would be the cherry on top. Oh yeah I'd go black
:D its GREAT to have choices, isn't it? :) Aloha Alex

Oh yeah, I'd go white in a Std, (if work would pick up):cool:

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
My dealer 'pre-ordered' Sports and Tourings only. I don't know why, I didn't ask. I wanted a Sport and was lucky enough to get the last one on the list.

I read somewhere that the Std's are coming later in the year??? Like in the summer or something.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
My dealer 'pre-ordered' Sports and Tourings only. I don't know why, I didn't ask. I wanted a Sport and was lucky enough to get the last one on the list.

I read somewhere that the Std's are coming later in the year??? Like in the summer or something.
The original release from DNA mentioned about a month after the S versions, but listed the S versions as April...maybe someone (DaveR) has heard differentor updated timeline.

Since I'm headed out for a family vacation to MCO and will be away for a week, watch my bike come in while I'm gone...Murphy's Law

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Of course it will come in while you're away ...they will start it and everyone will want to take her for a spin ,and see what she"ll do..I'd say it will be half broke in for you by the time you get back....

·
Registered
299 Posts
The original release from DNA mentioned about a month after the S versions, but listed the S versions as April...maybe someone (DaveR) has heard differentor updated timeline.

Since I'm headed out for a family vacation to MCO and will be away for a week, watch my bike come in while I'm gone...Murphy's Law
My understanding is that they're producing the sports version, then the touring and then the standard - in that order. If this is accurate, then I'm guessing that the standards will become available somewhere around July or August.

They're already around a month behind their projected delivery date for the first bikes in the US. The Denver area dealer I've talked to now says around mid-May for the first Sports versions that he can sell - supposedly they're getting a demo-only bike earlier, but nobody knows when that one will show up either.

Ducati did an awesome job of hype-ing and promoting this bike. Now if only they can manage to get them to the dealers so that folks can actually BUY them, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
My understanding is that they're producing the sports version, then the touring and then the standard - in that order. If this is accurate, then I'm guessing that the standards will become available somewhere around July or August.

They're already around a month behind their projected delivery date for the first bikes in the US. The Denver area dealer I've talked to now says around mid-May for the first Sports versions that he can sell - supposedly they're getting a demo-only bike earlier, but nobody knows when that one will show up either.

Ducati did an awesome job of hype-ing and promoting this bike. Now if only they can manage to get them to the dealers so that folks can actually BUY them, that would be great.
The initial release information was that they were producing the "S" version first but did not specify they were producing the S "Sport" as a distinctly different run or first run from the S "Touring". John's bike in England was a Touring S. If the first production bikes arrive in April they will be right on time for the projected arrival that DNA released. If they arrive in the first two weeks of May, then they will be a few weeks late. If no bikes are delivered until after the end of May, then they will be a month late. DNA did not say that deliveries would begin April 1st. Several dealers have MTS demo days scheduled by the third week of May, so I assume they are counting on having bikes by then

·
Registered
299 Posts
The initial release information was that they were producing the "S" version first but did not specify they were producing the S "Sport" as a distinctly different run or first run from the S "Touring". John's bike in England was a Touring S. If the first production bikes arrive in April they will be right on time for the projected arrival that DNA released. If they arrive in the first two weeks of May, then they will be a few weeks late. If no bikes are delivered until after the end of May, then they will be a month late. DNA did not say that deliveries would begin April 1st. Several dealers have MTS demo days scheduled by the third week of May, so I assume they are counting on having bikes by then
The dealers I've talked to have no idea when they'll get their bikes - either demos or the units they can sell immediately.

One of them did say they were "on the way" about 10 days ago. Guess that might mean that they're on the way to the docks to be shipped out from Italy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The dealers I've talked to have no idea when they'll get their bikes - either demos or the units they can sell immediately.

One of them did say they were "on the way" about 10 days ago. Guess that might mean that they're on the way to the docks to be shipped out from Italy.
Trust me-they are worth the wait-I waited 18 months for mine.............

John

·
Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone gotten a chance to ride a standard one yet? Aloha Alex
I got a chance to see a picture of the standard one. :)
It was white. I like the way the color of the front forks coordinates with the piece under the engine and the exhaust tips.
But I suppose when someone spends money on Ohlins they have to let people see the yellow color so they'll know.

Anyway Alex, I too have not ruled out the standard model. I think the panniers and center stand could be better. I'm going to ride both before I decide. That could be quite a wait I suppose. In the past has Ducati released new year models in September? Anyone have any predictions on the time between the standard model release for 2010 and the 2011 release? Could it be as short as 3 months?

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Not me. I'm blacking mine out as soon as I can...:cool:

But I suppose when someone spends money on Ohlins they have to let people see the yellow color so they'll know.
While that would suck for us impatient people, Ducati should get back on track to the regular model release schedule. I cannot see them NOT making a 2011 version AND I can't see them pushing that release back to next April...it will forever be late coming out.

What I hope Ducati does is IF they do make improvements to the centerstand and side bags, they 'recall' the parts from the original buyers of the 2010's.

And speaking of centerstands, I love how easy the 1200's to R&R. 2 bolts. Perfect for trackdays! :D

In the past has Ducati released new year models in September? Anyone have any predictions on the time between the standard model release for 2010 and the 2011 release? Could it be as short as 3 months?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure about resale on the S models, probably due to potentially high maintenance or replacement costs once outside of warranty. I had my standard model set up properly and other than some front brake fork dive, the stock suspension is fine by me. But then again, I don't ride aggressively.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts