Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there,

Does anyone else have trouble starting their bike after Rapidbike EVO install? Mine is a 2015 1200 DVT S and since I installed the Rapidbike last year it starts like dog [email protected]&! especially when cold. Curious if anyone else has this problem and how to resolve it or if I’m the only unlucky one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't have that particular problem. Sometimes after it start the ride-by-wire throttle doesn't work. I have to shut it down and restart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mine works/starts the same it did before install... I'd check all the connections are tight and/or send Yaman an email

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
No change in starting behavior. Mine always started hard when cold, starter cable update solved it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No change in starting behavior. Mine always started hard when cold, starter cable update solved it.
Do you remember a service bulletin number or something for this? My dealer is pretty bad at finding things unless you spell it out in crayon for them!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Send an email to rapidbike and state your problem, they will send you the latest basemap to download to your module.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Do you remember a service bulletin number or something for this? My dealer is pretty bad at finding things unless you spell it out in crayon for them!
It's not a Ducati fix... it's aftermarket 'heavy starter cables'... they're expensive but fixed the cold weather starting problem for me (they were also very good quality parts). There are threads discussing it on the board somewhere.

Reactions: Grego

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Send an email to rapidbike and state your problem, they will send you the latest basemap to download to your module.
Thanks.
From RapidBike US, “disconnect the Rapid Bike crank position sensor connectors and connect the stock connectors back together like it was before. It will be fine.”
Apparently they know about this problem, but I thought maybe I might find someone else with the same issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.
From RapidBike US, “disconnect the Rapid Bike crank position sensor connectors and connect the stock connectors back together like it was before. It will be fine.”
Apparently they know about this problem, but I thought maybe I might find someone else with the same issue.
My response, “
What functionalities or tuning function will I lose by doing that?

Would the auto blipper/quickshifter still work if I do that?”
Rapidbike US, “
Nothing Sir.

On this bike, RPM signal is generated for Rapid Bike EVO is coming from Injector pulse not from the Crank Position sensor. Disconnecting it will not hurt anything on Multi .”

Thanks everyone. Hopefully this thread helps someone out in the future.
I’ve also ordered the ES-14 cables. I’ll follow up after I do both mods.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Kind of odd that they include a crank position sensor in the harness if it's not needed, IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
hmm I wonder why my bike didn't suffer from the issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update for everyone, I put the new cables on last night. They fit good and look nice. With just the cables changed it turns over slightly quicker but still does not start without throttle. So I unhooked the crank sensor as suggested and it starts great now.

Has me wondering why RapidBike would even include the crank sensor connectors (and if my RapidBike Is even working)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts