Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prepping for a track day and I'd like to remove these, but I'm not sure if the wiring connectors are accessible without removing the tank. Is it possible to remove and disconnect the turn signal wires without removing the fuel tank on a 2015 DVT?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nope, the whole handguard is part of the mount for your controls unfortunately. You can remove the whole taillight/license plate/rear turnsignal contraption. The plug for the rear stuff is behind a cylindrical servo thing under the driver's seat and rearward from the fuse box. Remove the mirrors (one side's mirror mounting bolt unscrews clockwise!), tape up the turn signals and headlights (pull the headlight fuse, it'll pop up a ! warning triangle on the dash, but don't worry about it), then go have a blast!

Edit: I'll also be removing my center stand next time, as I was dangerously close to catching it last time after looking at the set of pictures.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'd splice them and put a 2 prong waterproof connector in line so whenever you go to the track again it's only a matter of disconnecting.
$.02!

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
You can reach the plugs and disconnect them without removing the tank. It's tight but completely possible.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
You can reach the plugs and disconnect them without removing the tank. It's tight but completely possible.
You sure must have small hands!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The problem is the handguards do not detach- they are part of the mounting system for the controls. Sure, if you want to just take the turn signals out of the handguards you can do that, but I'd rather just tape them and get on with it.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Prepping for a track day and I'd like to remove these, but I'm not sure if the wiring connectors are accessible without removing the tank. Is it possible to remove and disconnect the turn signal wires without removing the fuel tank on a 2015 DVT?
Do the Barkbuster install. I haven't crash tested them but they are tough. I'm presuming you want to avoid the costly replacement if oopsie happens.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nope, the whole handguard is part of the mount for your controls unfortunately. You can remove the whole taillight/license plate/rear turnsignal contraption. The plug for the rear stuff is behind a cylindrical servo thing under the driver's seat and rearward from the fuse box. Remove the mirrors (one side's mirror mounting bolt unscrews clockwise!), tape up the turn signals and headlights (pull the headlight fuse, it'll pop up a ! warning triangle on the dash, but don't worry about it), then go have a blast!

Edit: I'll also be removing my center stand next time, as I was dangerously close to catching it last time after looking at the set of pictures.

Don’t worry about the side stand catching. I touched my left pegs down and still the stand did not touch.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the advice gang. I removed the center stand and mirrors, taped up the plastic, and had a blast.

Attachments

Reactions: floof

·
Registered
27 Posts

I would have to remove mine for track duty, as I have grounded it a couple of times on the street.:surprise:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts