Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of a Corbin seat for my 1260. Corbin only list a seat for the 1200. I checked with Corbin UK and they don't know if the 1200 one will fit my bike. Does anyone know if the seats are interchangeable? Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope they fit for you guys. I LOVE the Corbin on my 1200 DVT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much is a lot? Im considering getting one because the stock one seems pretty hard at the moment
They are made to order. So you can tell them to match the stock low position, high position or something else entirely.

I liked my bike the most with the stock seat in the high position, so that’s how I asked them to make my Corbin. It’s my 3rd Corbin seat, but my first heated. All of them have been great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just ordered their standard height, which is pretty tall for me. Here are some comparison pics, low seat vs corbin:
That’s interesting. When I called and ordered mine they explained that the standard seat was actually in between the Ducati low and high settings on the factory seat.

I asked that mine be the same as the high setting since I knew I liked that particular set up. But looking at yours it seems like it is as high as mine, or maybe even a little higher.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Yeah, I think it is every bit as tall as the stock seat in the high position, then there is added width on top of that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, I think it is every bit as tall as the stock seat in the high position, then there is added width on top of that.
More importantly, how much more comfortable is the corbin? I did 150 miles today on the stock seat and i can barely walk right now! Taint buster for sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More importantly, how much more comfortable is the corbin? I did 150 miles today on the stock seat and i can barely walk right now! Taint buster for sure
I had the same problem, and the Corbin is much more comfortable. It's a firm seat, and Corbin say it takes 1500 miles to fully break in (a bit like the bike :laugh:) but that's more it moulding to your shape over time. But it's immediately more comfortable because you are seated in a neutral position. And it just gets more comfortable as it moulds to your shape.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the same problem, and the Corbin is much more comfortable. It's a firm seat, and Corbin say it takes 1500 miles to fully break in (a bit like the bike :laugh:) but that's more it moulding to your shape over time. But it's immediately more comfortable because you are seated in a neutral position. And it just gets more comfortable as it moulds to your shape.
I think I would be fine with firm as long as its supportive. I feel almost like I am sitting ON the frame rails at the end of about 80 miles. Im not THAT big of a guy either, idk. I guess ducati designed this seat for a 160lb rider? lol

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Yes, it very much more comfortable than stock because it is shaped correctly and very firm. My single complaint is the height, which I am hoping I can have it adjusted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did a 300 mile round trip on Sunday with the Corbin and by the end of it I was feeling hardly any discomfort. If I had done that on the stock seat I think I would have needed an arse transplant! I believe the Corbin is as good as it gets.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did a 300 mile round trip on Sunday with the Corbin and by the end of it I was feeling hardly any discomfort. If I had done that on the stock seat I think I would have needed an arse transplant! I believe the Corbin is as good as it gets.
Thats what i like to hear. Im tired of spending money on this bike already, but I'm gonna need to sack up and get one of these seats. Tank lock bag, usb outlet, windscreen, and full termi system are the only other things i want to do with it

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Yes, it very much more comfortable than stock because it is shaped correctly and very firm. My single complaint is the height, which I am hoping I can have it adjusted.
The same can be said for the Sargent. At the low height position, it's a partial flat foot with 34" inseam. Dramatic difference in comfort over the course of a ride. The only annoyance is cutting into thighs foot down at stops. I have 20+ stops during my commute, but the in between is great it's worth it.

You can't go wrong with either set up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For me, the Ducati comfort seat on my 1260 has been a revelation. Much flatter and the foam is much more dense.....feels like I could sit on it all day. Not a bad option at 300 dollars!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I called Corbin and they said they couldn't make my seat much lower, so I sold it. However, others have actually went to Hollister, CA and they were able to make it much lower. I went with the Sargent, which is a good bit lower than the Corbin, maybe not quite as comfortable, but good enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts