Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
hmmm....it's kinda weird for that SF not having the signature Ducati trellis frame...IMHO...almost too "naked" down there...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Back in the day, I would have said I would jump at the chance of a 1198 or 1199 Fighter, but I don't think so now. My 1098sf has all the power I can really use across the spectrum. The only gain I'd see is in top speed where I can't use it anyway. This thing is brutal above 100mph on extended runs, tuck or no tuck.

So although I like the look of the one shown I would not trade my 1098 for it. However, if it was that or a 848, I would buy the 1199.

That said, it all could change if they actually made this bike and how it looked in person. Because as we all know, the SF is a great looking bike in pictures, but even better in person.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I really like it. Would like to see the headlamp from the front.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow I was just wondering if ducati will leak a photo of a new bike they mite be releasing... Was gonna possibly kick the idea of getting a black 1199 S, but if this is true, than I'd be all over it.

Where did you find it OP?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ugh, clip-ons? Where's the handlebars? This is just an unfaired 1199, have you sat on one?
I think it has to have clip ons to keep the weight over the front, cuz from what I've seen, it does nice 3rd gear power wheelies... And if the engine will be the exact same, I don't think anyone will be able to keep the front end donw in the higher revs lol

·
Bon Vivant
10,965 Posts
that photochop looks pretty good but I wouldn't buy one - it's a step in the wrong direction:
Less usable power and more top-end speed on an unfaired bike - just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it has to have clip ons to keep the weight over the front, cuz from what I've seen, it does nice 3rd gear power wheelies... And if the engine will be the exact same, I don't think anyone will be able to keep the front end donw in the higher revs lol
my 1098 sf does nice power wheelies in 3rd.

if ducati make a 1199 sf then im getting one, if they think they can improve the amazing sf1098s then im all for it

·
Registered
237 Posts
Totally photoshopped.. but rad looking body pieces. I'd love to see aftermarket styles (like this) for the Streetfighter.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks nowhere near as good without the trellis. The frame is one of my favorite things about the SF.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts