Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a shop or person who could possibly remove some dings out of a gas tank.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I don't know your location but I would try someone that specializes in paintless dent repair. These guys can do amazing things. As long as the damage meets certain restrictions the damage might be able to be fixed without repainting the tank. Paintless dent repair is done from the inside of the tank with spoons and levers. Powerful suction cups are also used sometimes on the outside.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I don't know your location but I would try someone that specializes in paintless dent repair. These guys can do amazing things. As long as the damage meets certain restrictions the damage might be able to be fixed without repainting the tank. Paintless dent repair is done from the inside of the tank with spoons and levers. Powerful suction cups are also used sometimes on the outside.
Not sure about feasibility on a tank, but maybe.
I had heard of the suction thing, but no paintless dent guy ever used it until I had a dent on my 2015 F-150 (aluminum body). He didn't use suction, but had some tool he hot glued to the surface, then had a slide hammer thing that he used a few times and it pulled the dent right out. Then every so slight massaging to get it to look just so perfect.

Aluminum definitely doesn't have the memory that steel has though.
Good luck

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Forgot to mention the glue dent pulling method. It works very well. I've seen it. I had a small dent repaired on my daily driver that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts