Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got these errors while trying to start my ‘13 1199R.

This is the BBS unit correct? I’ve read moister can get into the connector and cause shorts.

But the bbs wouldn’t cause any starting issues correct? Because it controls only the accel and circuits for abs/tcs/signals? What exactly does BBS stand for and what does it do?

Also noticed that when I have the APS open at 100%, the TPS for both the VC and HC read only 25% which seems odd. At APS 0%, HC and VC read ~2/6% each after a reset. Maybe this could cause the starting issues?

Recently took the bike apart and reassembled and it’s not starting. Turns over fine with the starter on a new battery, but does not fire up. Just some random burps (that spits fat fire balls out the akra which is kinda cool, but not ideal lol)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
BBS modules has different functions, throttle, accelerometer, gyro sensors, suspension for the model S, data logging, Think of it as the black box of the bike if unplug bike won't start and stay running, double check all connectors, make sure you have a fully charged battery

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, it runs! Whoop.

Double checked the battery by using an external jump starter and then cranked it. Still don’t fire, just hiccups.

Then disconnected the BBS unit and checked the pins for bending for corrosion. Didn’t find anything but blew it out non the less

Plugged it back in. Cranked and still hiccuped but didn’t fire.

Then I realized maybe because I was trying to cold start with Race mode and the aggressive timing it was having a hard time. So I put it in wet mode and fired up!

Switched it off again, waited a minute and it fired up again on race mode.

Guess a good cleaning on the pins and starting in wet mode made the difference.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts