Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need some desmo help, pls (lol)!!!

I bought a practically new (800 mls) 01 Panigale 1199R 2014 crankshaft with the Pankl titanium connecting rods, the question is, I have a 1299 and this bike blew the engine (destroyed crankshaft and connecting rods), my 1199R crank + Pankl titanium rods, fit in my 1299 perfectly, no problem, plug and play ??

The parts have exactly the same measurements from 1199R to 1299S, the 1299 would greatly improve performance, with the 1199R special parts (much lighter crankshaft and titanium connecting rods), right ???????

Thank u very much, Claudio.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know the 1299 rods use larger bearings to deal with the increased loads of the 116mm piston. I’m sure the 1199R stuff physically fits, but wouldn’t co-sign on it being a good idea from an engineering standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Also I’m pretty sure the 1199 crank won’t clear the piston skirt of the 1299 pistons. Some machining of the crank counterweight will be required. Not 100% sure on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would guess R model have some special pistons also, probably lighter than stock? So you would need to balance crank to 1299 pistons, or it will rattle like hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts