Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Old news man! These are all being discussed in multiple threads in every forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the chart has been out but the vids are new if not i guess im behind sorry about that. just caught me by surprise. ducati just like audi still trying to catch bmw. At least i have an m3 audi still cant catch that with their new rs5 which is also more money some things dont change.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i know the chart has been out but the vids are new if not i guess im behind sorry about that. just caught me by surprise. ducati just like audi still trying to catch bmw. At least i have an m3 audi still cant catch that with their new rs5 which is also more money some things dont change.
Very true: Melandri is constantly in front of Checa.... Oh wait, Checa is not even riding on the Panigale but that old crappy 1098... :D:D:D

Let me be explicit in case the sarcasm wasn't understood: BMW comes out with a bike that has nothing of a BMW bike (it is nothing more than a Japu made in Germany) and in neither SBK nor Superstock can keep up with the OLDER Ducati... And then is Ducati "trying to catch up with BMW"... I've heard many BS in the past, but Ducati "trying to catch up with BMW" was something I've never heard off...

Oh yea, you sure can pull table cloth off a table without breaking glasses, but even Aprila made fun of that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow your talking world superbike and professional drivers on a track. I'm talking about 1 on 1 comparison. 2011 1198 s came in like 6 th BMW was number 1 last 3 years according to the mags and you say it's like a Japanese bike so your logic is the duc is behind the Japanese bikes too. Anyway I'm still waiting on the 1199 getting that no matter what but I'm not going to drink the koolaid and think Ducati is the end all of bikes

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I would like to hear from people that has already track their bike.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
I don't understand why this BS matters to you guys? Do you want the bike you want or do you want the bike that some writer is able to get around a track a fraction of a second quicker than the other bike? It seems to me that you are more interested in bragging rights than anything else, which is pretty sad.

It's really simple, ALL of the bikes in those sportbike roundups are awesome machines. There are a handful of riders who can extract every ounce of performance from them. Most of us, and I am betting that includes the majority of us on this thread, would never be able to tell the difference between the BMW or the Panigale in normal day to day riding.

Mark... you bought an AWESOME machine. More importantly, you bought a machine which is unique, not some knock off of Japanese inline 4's which roll off the assembly line like pop tarts. It's not a matter of drinking the koolaid, it's a matter of wanting to own and ride a machine which is thoughtfully crafted, and supporting a company whose philosophy dictates that every aspect of a design is a function of careful consideration, not an afterthought.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Personally I like the Aprilia, but would like to hear inputs on those that has track their 1199.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I don't understand why this BS matters to you guys? Do you want the bike you want or do you want the bike that some writer is able to get around a track a fraction of a second quicker than the other bike? It seems to me that you are more interested in bragging rights than anything else, which is pretty sad.

It's really simple, ALL of the bikes in those sportbike roundups are awesome machines. There are a handful of riders who can extract every ounce of performance from them. Most of us, and I am betting that includes the majority of us on this thread, would never be able to tell the difference between the BMW or the Panigale in normal day to day riding.

Mark... you bought an AWESOME machine. More importantly, you bought a machine which is unique, not some knock off of Japanese inline 4's which roll off the assembly line like pop tarts. It's not a matter of drinking the koolaid, it's a matter of wanting to own and ride a machine which is thoughtfully crafted, and supporting a company whose philosophy dictates that every aspect of a design is a function of careful consideration, not an afterthought.
I understand exactly what you mean but I don't want to get started.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The majority are always looking for bragging rights. Individuals base their decisions on internal impulses. Let the herd flock to Starbucks for their dyno sheet comparos.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I want to go to sleep at night with a magazine under my pillow to reassure me that my bike is the best. Failing that, I want the issue following the one where it says mine isn't the best. That will be the one with my letter printed complaining about them not saying mine is the best.

·
This guy.
59 Posts

Well said.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
ProphetPVD;1345939 It seems to me that you are more interested in bragging rights than anything else said:
Speaking of bragging rights, I'm the person that regret buying the 1198S Corse for track use. I should have bought the base model instead. What a waste of money on my end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First let me say this. Yes i am waiting for the 1199 and yes i am still getting it the second mine is delivered (being told this week) I bought the bike because of the looks not the performance. What bothers me is not the actual numbers or what people are saying about it. What bothers me is Ducati itself. All the hype on this bike and its brand new and its still not the best performer. I know if i were going to make the state of the art machine 3 years after my competition I would expect it to perform better then a bike thats 3 years old. Its sort of like the first batman movie with jack. all the hype the only thing that happened was a let down. All ducati had to do was show pictures of it and said nothing. Instead they go with most hp lightest etc... And now the reviews are in and they arent as good as people expected.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
I want to go to sleep at night with a magazine under my pillow to reassure me that my bike is the best. Failing that, I want the issue following the one where it says mine isn't the best. That will be the one with my letter printed complaining about them not saying mine is the best.
Hahahahaha... excellent!

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
And now the reviews are in and they arent as good as people expected.
Really? Remember when the motorcycling press got their first exposure to the 1199's last month at Yas Marina? There was nothing but glowing reviews. I still have heard not a single negative review of the Panigale. Just because a couple of semi-professional riders from MCN are able to eek a couple of extra 10ths of a second out of the BMW is meaningless in the big picture. How many podiums have BMW done this year or last, or the year before that? Oh yeah, that's right, none... they don't compete. In terms of budget vs championship points, Ducati is the most successful company to compete in motor racing over the last 12 years.

Listen dude... you need to relax and enjoy the fact that you will soon own one of the finest sportbikes created in the last 10 years, and one of the finest Ducati's ever. Stop worrying about how it compares to it's competition and enjoy it on it's own. From all accounts it is an absolutely amazing machine. If that is not enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

·
9,757 Posts
LOL I've owned 3 M3's, and now I drive a people hauler A4...

Audi will never catch up to BMW... in ANYTHING. I hate my A4.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
938 Posts
I got one and am tremendously disappointed. It only made 179 on the dyno (has the Termi silencers). Thank my lucky stars though. The last 1198 on the same dyno made 160.

It is a great bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really? Remember when the motorcycling press got their first exposure to the 1199's last month at Yas Marina? There was nothing but glowing reviews. I still have heard not a single negative review of the Panigale. Just because a couple of semi-professional riders from MCN are able to eek a couple of extra 10ths of a second out of the BMW is meaningless in the big picture. How many podiums have BMW done this year or last, or the year before that? Oh yeah, that's right, none... they don't compete. In terms of budget vs championship points, Ducati is the most successful company to compete in motor racing over the last 12 years.

Listen dude... you need to relax and enjoy the fact that you will soon own one of the finest sportbikes created in the last 10 years, and one of the finest Ducati's ever. Stop worrying about how it compares to it's competition and enjoy it on it's own. From all accounts it is an absolutely amazing machine. If that is not enough, then I don't know what to tell you.
Well said,just enjoy it,I am enjoying mine a lot ,I have a S1000RR in the garage thats not seen the light of day since I pick up my tricolore and its going to sit for awhile :D I love my panigale as much as my 916,I don't care what mags say .

1 - 20 of 59 Posts