Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi just got my S, and saw these goofy things in the box. Does anyone have pics of them on their bike. Looks like they will damage the body.
Cycle News - February 23, 2012

I believe its installed on that bike (aero kit/package, I think, is what they call it). I asked about that and was told that once installed and you decide to remove it, it might damage paint.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They're not only for the S model. They came with my base as well, however it seems to vary from dealer to dealer as some base and S model owners never got them, while others did. I have not mounted mine as I'm not convinced they will not damage the paint and they look an after thought.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
The aero addon pieces will indeed damage the paint on your bike if you wish to remove them after install. Straight from the mechanic who installed them on a different customers bike. These plastic pieces are designed for better airflow around the hands+etc. They make the front look "wider". I saw them on in person and they'll stay in my box of old parts forever most likely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.