Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Well, I'd wondered what would happen in a crash if there wasn't a frame to hold the bits together. Now I know. $$$$$:eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
yikes!

'nuff said.....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
By well you mean disintegrated upon impact? It looks like it ran over a land mine:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Well, I'd wondered what would happen in a crash if there wasn't a frame to hold the bits together. Now I know. $$$$$:eek:
I disagree... that had nothing to do with the chassis configuration of the 1199, and everything to do with the nature of the impact itself. A high side tumble like this at high velocity would produce similarly devastating results on pretty much any machine.

I agree though that this one is toast...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Besides all that it's sad to see that they have the bikes available in South Africa and we are still waiting here in the USA for them to arrive....

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
do you have one on order so you can make goodies for it? Quite liked your diavel and streetfighter.

Chris

Besides all that it's sad to see that they have the bikes available in South Africa and we are still waiting here in the USA for them to arrive....

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
looking over the pics on the FB page, regardless of what type of chassis, nothing much would be salvageable anyway. The snide 'crashes well' comments are without merit.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
:D My tricolore will be here friday!!!, but I cant have it till sat at 7pm!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: WTH :

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I disagree... that had nothing to do with the chassis configuration of the 1199, and everything to do with the nature of the impact itself. A high side tumble like this at high velocity would produce similarly devastating results on pretty much any machine.

I agree though that this one is toast...
I dunno, Prophet, when's the last time you saw a wheel come off like that? (except Maxime Berger's 1098rs in 2011, but that was before the crash :rolleyes:)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
looking over the pics on the FB page, regardless of what type of chassis, nothing much would be salvageable anyway. The snide 'crashes well' comments are without merit.
Yep, that was a bad one.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
THe FB page said they were flat out into turn 1 (this is kyalami in south africa) and the front end washed out. Rider walked away with no injuries apparently.
Chris

1 - 20 of 49 Posts