Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the pani gearshift linkage isn't like on any of the other ducs I've owned.

Reading the manual and following instructions step by step, ie loosening both locknuts, you should then be able to turn the shaft to raise/lower, I've tried both directions and doesn't budge no matter what I do, but afraid to wreck it. Any ideas? .

I'd thought worst case I unbolt the end bearing but it appears you have to take the world apart to get at the bolt.

I dunno, but I need help.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

Reading the manual and following instructions step by step, ie loosening both locknuts, you should then be able to turn the shaft to raise/lower, I've tried both directions and doesn't budge no matter what I do, but afraid to wreck it. Any ideas? .

I'd thought worst case I unbolt the end bearing but it appears you have to take the world apart to get at the bolt.

If I had a new bike, and i had your issue, I'd have the dealer do it. Should be gratis on a new 1199.

B

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Probably has a gob of nut lock on the threads going into the adjuster tube. I'm speaking blind since I have not seen a Pani yet.

Auto corect disabledh

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
What bob said :) If your dealer is good, they should do that for free for ya. should only take a few minutes. Mine did my SAG + suspension setup for free along with a few other adjustments that I had no freakin clue about.

·
Registered
265 Posts
dealer is more than a few hours away
i am thinking loctight also or maybe bottomed out
hope you get it sorted chris
riding tomorrow?

·
Registered
938 Posts
So this post made me curious enough to go look at my bike.

Are you saying you are backing off the lock nut on the shifter pedal end of the adjuster and then turning the adjuster doesn't change the angle of the shifter even though you see the number of threads showing on the shifter pedal end of the adjuster increase or decrease?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts

Can you post some pictures of the linkage? Some of us may be able to figure it out if we can see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh no doubt, I've got a great dealer, but you've got to add 150 mile trip each way to the dealer and back, so not just one of the those swing by deals. I just wanted to adjust it now, but taking it in friday for 600 mle service so I'll let them sort it out.

Chris

What bob said :) If your dealer is good, they should do that for free for ya. should only take a few minutes. Mine did my SAG + suspension setup for free along with a few other adjustments that I had no freakin clue about.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exc Marty, don't know how I missed that thread as I'm a member over there.
I always have to chuckle with ducati's use of threadlock. bolts that shouldn't have it ie adjusters, etc, are loaded with it and bolts that need it don't get it! :)

Good thing with all this is I did figure out how to get the fairings off.

Chris

chris found this looks like foot peg assy has to come off
Gear change lever adjustment ? - Ducati 1199 Forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts