Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the 1198sp dqs system will work in extension when the gear shaft lever is flipped around to be above the shaft giving a race shift pattern?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think so Brad. If it is a load cell or strain gauge it would be sending the incorrect info to the brain. When I converted my SL to race pattern the Ducati Performance kit came with a new strain gauge.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only way I know of to retain the factory quickshifter and run it GP shift(on an 1198 or 848 Corse) is with Woodcraft rearsets. They have an option to make the stock quickshifter, reverse shift.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The stock qs on the sp will not work if you flip the linkage. So yeah, either go for the Woodcrafts so you can run reverse or find a stock qs off of a Panigale. If you run a stock qs off the 1199 you can then simply flip the linkage, as these qs's are pull-type instead of a push-type (which is what you have now).

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock qs on the sp will not work if you flip the linkage. So yeah, either go for the Woodcrafts so you can run reverse or find a stock qs off of a Panigale. If you run a stock qs off the 1199 you can then simply flip the linkage, as these qs's are pull-type instead of a push-type (which is what you have now).
and that plugs in to the loom the same as the 1198 type?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought the panigale sensor 55214241F and it is 3 wire, not 2. i assume that's due to it working in compression and extension. maybe.

maybe i should have bought 55212881D from the 2012 panigale.

anyway, it seems to switch from 1k ohm to 0.5k ohm when compressed on one pair of wires (black/blue). another pair (black/red) go from 2k ohms to 1.5k ohms. third pair (blue/red) is 1 k ohms and doesn't change when compressed.

does anyone know what output the 1198sp dqs sensor gives? or anyone with an early panigale check if it is 2 wire or 3 and what it does?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, i bought the wrong sensor. i got the 1299, which goes both ways.

the dash didn't have a DQS screen as was with the S ecu - 96520309B, but when i flashed the sp file 96520311B into the ecu the DQS came up on the dash.

so all i need is an 899 / 1199 sensor, a connector to suit the sensor, a connector to suit the loom and make up a little wire to make them meet up and bob's ya aunty.

hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts