Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for something to fill the space in the garage since I sold my 1299S Anniversario and have been contemplating a V4S or a 950 SP Hypermotard but keeping my eyes open for a 998. A 1198S with 8500 miles, service history, Full Carbon exhaust, EVR clutch and open cover is for sale not all that far from me. I had a 1098S a few years ago so Im not unfamiliar with the ergonomics..

Tell me why I shouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I see posts like this all the time on here. Secretly, you don't want us to tell you why you shouldn't, you want us all to say "GO GET IT!"

And we have no issue doing so... GO GET IT!

Reactions: TNR

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
depends on a few things--what year? how much did you like your 1299s ? ---Is this one a steal of a deal? and remember the accessories do not add value to the bike--( unless these things that you would do for sure if you had a stock bike)--Look up the value on Kelly Blue Book & NADA -that can give a good ballpark as to what the value is.
Has the bike been sitting around not being ridden? If it has for over a year it needs a service, Can you do the service or do have to take it somewhere?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
207 Posts
Help prevent unwanted pregnancies. Ride a 1198! 😂

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
I’m new at this, let me take a shot. Don’t buy it because ….
Never mind, I’m no good at this.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,370 Posts
If you don't know why you should buy it you have too much money and time on your hands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the real question here should be why the hell did you sell the 1299 Anniversario, even tho I think the 1198s is a better looking bike, the 1299 Anniversario is not the run of the mill 1198s, and yes you should get the 1198s.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Take my money !!! Take my money !!!

That's what i would be saying if I had the loot for an 1198S

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have A Good Friend selling an 1198 S Super Clean..$10k W/ full Akrapovic jet hot coated system, carbon fiber nose ( has stock too) full 3m body work protection / cover, stand Race Tune 180 RWHP

Reactions: vanduc996
1 - 10 of 10 Posts