Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into my dealer yesterday and took a look at the new delivery, 2 1198S marked as 2010, the black had a red frame and semi flat black wheels and I think the red had a red frame with the black wheels I believe, I was so hypnotized by the black one I couldn't see anything else. I hear the baby Hyper is coming in this week also.
Strange thing is, I couldn't fing the pics of those bike on the net anywhere!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It is October and they are selling the bike as a 2010:confused:

It really does not make sense to me this model year business. Where I am from, it used to be that a model year is only allowed to be referred to on the following year model if it was registered after 1st December of the current year. But that is not what your post was about, sorry to hijack.

Glad you were drooling though about the new ponies.

SF

·
Registered
55 Posts
Usually it's August with dirtbikes that the next year rolls out. So the 2010's have been out for two or so months in the dirtbike world. Same thing with some cars. Look at the Camaro. It'd odd, but not unheard of.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is October and they are selling the bike as a 2010:confused:

It really does not make sense to me this model year business. Where I am from, it used to be that a model year is only allowed to be referred to on the following year model if it was registered after 1st December of the current year. But that is not what your post was about, sorry to hijack.

Glad you were drooling though about the new ponies.

SF
Better yet, my Streetfighter is a 2010 and I've been riding it for 2 months now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts