Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -

I'm getting an 1198S in a few weeks, and am going to be breaking it in by going on a nice long ride in the south-west of Western Australia.

A quick question for you ducati-nuts out there, or rather, fellow 1198 owners..

How many miles/kilometres are you getting out of a full tank of fuel? I'm a bit concerned that the small 15 litre tank might pose a problem, particularly when you have to source 98RON fuel to run in the thing...

Cheers all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I purchased an 1198 because I thought I'd get better milage than my Hyper. Well I did I went from 70 miles to fill to about 80 miles to fill up. I guess I shouldn't complain.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok, mine comes on at about 70-80. Mostly canyon riding. I do like the neat little option which tells how many miles you've goon on reserve. I've gone about 15 or so, but it can go further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1198 fuel range

Hi,
I can really help you here, i have just done the excercise here in NSW, my 1198s has just clocked up 1100ks, i have just had the first sevice, and after coming back to a duke after a gsxr1000, i had the same thoughts as you. My reserve comes on really early at 130ks, but the bike will do 70ks on reserve, i actually tested this twice with my wife following the last 30ks with a fuel drum!! so these figures are correct, i was riding it as hard as pos while running in, and dont see it getting much better, cos it is nice and smooth now,i have now put Termi's on. --- approx 200ks per tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
more data

I've consistently seen the warning come on between 95-105 miles, and consistently added under 3 gallons. On a recent trip I got 111 miles, no warning, added 2.6 gallons. Got warning at 121 miles on the way back, added 2.7?? gallons. So that's pretty varied depending on riding style.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts