Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know you are looking for #s to degree the cams but just a FYI the factory cam timing jig tools are different for the 1198s than 1098s or 1098Rs. When my dealer tried to check my cam timing when we installed the full Termi system we were unable to do it since the tools were different.

My dealer recently recieved the tools and will be checking the cam timing when we do the fuel line and fork recall.

Les

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Les, my tech is going to do mine next week... would be interested if you get any info

·
Registered
55 Posts
Apparently not I do know that when we went to check mine before we found out the tools were different that the rear cylinder intake cam looks like it is retarded a bit. Until we actually get the timing jig on it I wont know for sure but it certainly appears retarded. I would like to know what the actual cam specs are on these bikes it would be cool to degree them in 100%.

Les

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
1198s cam timing

hey guys ,soon as my pc5 turns up and we tune her i would like to do the cams as well .talk to my mechanic this week see if i can find something out. d.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems there's not much info around apart from the stock factory settings, as i am told because they did not race them in World Superstock as per the 1098s & 1098R's ..

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
I´m guessing that Tom over at Hypertrick will soon get his hands on one and do some experimenting.. He´s got a major rep here in Sweden and does great work. Mostly on mapping and such, but he does camtiming stuff aswell.

//amullo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts