Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got my motorcycle license in Austin and finally feel relaxed when riding about. Today, since I already did my first oil change, decided to speed up a bit....got in 3rd gear up to 120, then, 130...140...and stopped on the next light. As soon as I stopped I hear sirens , and when I turned around the cop was signaling me to pull over to the side.
His words: "when I decided to stop you, I was doing 80 mph and then you disappeared" hahaha....he also mentioned he shot the radar towards me and he got no reading ?
Pretty cool cop though, at the end he could only nail me for not signaling when changing lanes and absence of proof of insurance at the time and he said " I know you were doing well over 100".... I am PRETTY sure I that would not have been the case if driving around in my daily driver ;)
Have my first track day this Monday so hopefully that will help for me to slow down a bit on the highways (?)
I finally picked up my leathers today....

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
that is a nice looking suit !!

also you had a one hell of lucky day ~~

but ~ again ~ living in texas with 1198 ~ it must have been hard to

control your throttle ~!!

Keep it safe ~

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Track days have certainly slowed me down on the street. Once you see what riding fast is really about, there is just no way to even attempt it on the street. Now, highways are for fairly sedate cruising. The track is for getting my freak on!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is a nice looking suit !!

also you had a one hell of lucky day ~~

but ~ again ~ living in texas with 1198 ~ it must have been hard to

control your throttle ~!!

Keep it safe ~
Thanks, luckily the fit is perfect...now I am waiting for the Corse gloves...cop also told me that highway 71 is the 3rd most dangerous highway in the state of Texas! Bold statement...

Track days have certainly slowed me down on the street. Once you see what riding fast is really about, there is just no way to even attempt it on the street. Now, highways are for fairly sedate cruising. The track is for getting my freak on!
I agree....although, I must admit....I track my Cayman and M3 and STILL haul ass on the streets from time to time ;) There is a really famous road here called Hamilton Pool Road and it is just too fun to pass...FULL of twisted roads, elevations, hardly any traffic or cops...will post some videos soon....here's is my Duc next to my other ride...Cayman just got sold... painful experience but worth it...

Attachments

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Its nice to be loaded... :rolleyes:
It must be nice to have the means and time to buy a 749R just for the track, and be able to skip around and race for an entire season. :rolleyes:

will post some videos soon....here's is my Duc next to my other ride...Cayman just got sold... painful experience but worth it...
I'd like to see that video! You appear to have a thing for white. I'm a trained investigator, I tend to notice such easily missed details. The Cayman was a beauty! I don't know if I could have parted with a car like that once I obtained one...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on Tye, green isn't your color.

Don't knock a guy cause he likes his toys. How do you know he doesn't bust his ass to have nice things? I know most of us on this site have some nice toys and I haven't come across any trust fund babies yet (with the exception of that guy in the garage thread that reminds me of jimmy540i lol)

hahah...I WISH I was loaded...and I do bust my ass working....started my company 3 years ago, and t the time, had a budget to live with $475/month...so YES, I think I deserve some fun now. Don't do drunks or drink (at least that much ;) ) and toys are my addiction...

It must be nice to have the means and time to buy a 749R just for the track, and be able to skip around and race for an entire season. :rolleyes:

... +1

I'd like to see that video! You appear to have a thing for white. I'm a trained investigator, I tend to notice such easily missed details. The Cayman was a beauty! I don't know if I could have parted with a car like that once I obtained one...
Just got a Hero Motorsports Camera so I will post some soon....
Thanks...Cayman is a great car, although I must say, you get more car for your $ on the M3....not to mention 120hp more! ...besides, wife "kinda" gave me the "eye" when I showed up with the 1198...I had to choose hahaha

·
Registered
511 Posts
True story. I'm riding through the former Fort Ord past the big Church, wide, straight road, speed limit is 35 and there is a radar trailer. A lot of times, the Military Police would park out of sight of the road, but where they could see the trailer readout. I go by at 35, look around, ride around the block to see if there are any lurkers, and come by that trailer at 135+, it never even registered. I circled around again, and came by at 75 or so and it picked it up them. I guess it was just a little slow on the uptake.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Come on Tye, green isn't your color.
Naw, green ain't my color... I like blue. ;)

Cayman is a great car, although I must say, you get more car for your $ on the M3....not to mention 120hp more! ...besides, wife "kinda" gave me the "eye" when I showed up with the 1198...I had to choose hahaha
Yea, I like the BMW more myself. I've driven all the Porsche's and can't stand that chassis layout.

My favorite BMW is still the E46 M3 final edition. That motor is so raw and fun to drive, you miss a lot of that in the new M3 because its so electronic. I really wanna put the new M3 V8 in an E46 M3... that would be the golden ticket! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks, luckily the fit is perfect...now I am waiting for the Corse gloves...cop also told me that highway 71 is the 3rd most dangerous highway in the state of Texas! Bold statement...

I agree....although, I must admit....I track my Cayman and M3 and STILL haul ass on the streets from time to time ;) There is a really famous road here called Hamilton Pool Road and it is just too fun to pass...FULL of twisted roads, elevations, hardly any traffic or cops...will post some videos soon....here's is my Duc next to my other ride...Cayman just got sold... painful experience but worth it...
Need a new best friend in Colorado?

Nice toys!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I got pulled over on my CBRXX on RT 202 in NJ a few years ago. The State Trooper pulled me and another car over for "racing":rolleyes:. They couldn't get a speed on me, but I was doing "about" 80mph.....I said about 80mph, "about"? well "about" doesn't cut it for a citation, Instead he wrote me for what we call in the Law Enforcement biz as a"chicken shit" ticket (i.e. registration card not on person when stopped) Fought it and won, the Trooper got admonished by the DJ..
Geez, memories....radars can't get a accurate speed on you because a motorcycle lacks front area to bounce the transmission off.
I would be interested what some of the LE members who work w/ radar have to say about this. In PA only State Troopers are allowed to use them, municipal cops (I) can not, so I'm not sure of their capabilities.

·
Registered
157 Posts
God I love M3's! Actually I like white cars and bikes to. So anyway nice setup. It is great to get some rewards for working hard especially for yourself. Im in the same boat kinda. Bought my Hayden 848 for my bday present. How about I trade you my very nice Repsol for your bimmer:D

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts

wow man ~~~ you ve got some serious toys there!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Naw, green ain't my color... I like blue. ;)

Yea, I like the BMW more myself. I've driven all the Porsche's and can't stand that chassis layout.

My favorite BMW is still the E46 M3 final edition. That motor is so raw and fun to drive, you miss a lot of that in the new M3 because its so electronic. I really wanna put the new M3 V8 in an E46 M3... that would be the golden ticket! :D

I do love the E46 M3....CSL anyone? I agree that the new M3 is very "tech oriented" but I gotta say, it is LOADS of fun to drive...tail will show around with ease and on "M" mode, the car does not interrupt your driving at all....unless you are about to really mess up...great car on the track too...does not feel heavy at all...some mods are on the way.

Nice toys!
God I love M3's! Actually I like white cars and bikes to. So anyway nice setup. It is great to get some rewards for working hard especially for yourself. Im in the same boat kinda. Bought my Hayden 848 for my bday present. How about I trade you my very nice Repsol for your bimmer:D

Thanks man. I ALMOST got the 848 Hayden before going for the 1198...looks amazing....

wow man ~~~ you ve got some serious toys there!!!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Nice toys!
hahaha...what are the main tracks in Colorado? Maybe I can organize a road trip with some people from Austin...never been to Colorado before.
Cheers

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I do love the E46 M3....CSL anyone? I agree that the new M3 is very "tech oriented" but I gotta say, it is LOADS of fun to drive...tail will show around with ease and on "M" mode, the car does not interrupt your driving at all....unless you are about to really mess up...great car on the track too...does not feel heavy at all...some mods are on the way.
I was so pissed off when they didn't bring the CSL to the US, all the bimmer fans would have bought one and in 5 years, I could have probably got one for like $20k when they're worthless! DAM! LOL :rolleyes:

The new M mode is suppose to be awesome, the E46 always had a problem and I use to just turn off the stabilization system entirely whenever I'd "performance drive".

:sigh: Its racing or fancy car, those are my choices... I picked racing. ;)

Before Ducati's, I was the BMW freak: http://www.tye1138.com/webmovies/roadsterlong.wmv

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
44 Posts
sorry for the offtopic but the E9x M3's have a stroker option with dinan or soon a stroker v10 option (from the big brother M5). the E46 M3 was a fun car, some tuners swapped in the S62 from the E39 M5 for that V8 torque and fun in a coupe. while teh S54 was a fun engine it's also the least reliable I've seen of the last 4 generations. no flames please, that's said as an opinion based on engine repairs and replacements I've done since the late 90s (I'm master tech for BMW in Austin if that helps weigh the opinion). congrats on the garage mates and former in the case of the Cayman. the 1198 is truly a sick bike. I'm still waiting for BMW to improve before picking up an S.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts