Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my slipper clutch.
When i release the clutch from a standing start in 1st gear the clutch will suddenly grab with no warning at all. I have to quickly pull the clutch handle in so not to stall or have such a sudden jerk.
Annoying as I have also just spent $850 AUD to replace the clutch basket and plates.
What could be wrong!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
When i release the clutch from a standing start in 1st gear the clutch will suddenly grab with no warning at all. I have to quickly pull the clutch handle in so not to stall or have such a sudden jerk.
Annoying as I have also just spent $850 AUD to replace the clutch basket and plates.
What could be wrong!!
Nothing, really. That's pretty common with a dry slipper. Two things that can help: 1. Induce a little bit of air into the circuit which will soften the bite. By doing that you'll need to bleed it more often to keep it the way you want. 2. Clutch pack...I got a Barnett pack which includes a beveled steel plate. This plate acts like a bit of an internal spring and that also softens the bite.

If you find any other solutions...shout out!

·
Old Fast Guy
487 Posts
What could be wrong!!
Sounds like the plate stack is out of order and/or missing the cone-shaped plate, and/or the friction plates are contaminated. What brand of plates/basket did you buy? If not the DP OEM unit parts, you may have issues with the slipper action...

My OEM 1198SP slipper is smooth as glass.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What could be wrong!!
Hi,

I came across a tread here that suggest applying the lithium grease on the clutch plate. I am using the normal clutch system and encounter grabby clutch on my 996. Tried the grease method and now my clutch work flawlessly. Other had review it work for slipper too, you may like to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts