Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I pick up the new 1198s on Tuesday,(only 5 more sleepless nights!!), i have got a few trinkets ready for it, and am now looking at rearsets, i was thinking Satos, what do you think, and where to buy??

Wazza.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hi Guys,

I pick up the new 1198s on Tuesday,(only 5 more sleepless nights!!), i have got a few trinkets ready for it, and am now looking at rearsets, i was thinking Satos, what do you think, and where to buy??

Wazza.
I vote SpeedyMoto, but what can I say - I sell them because I like their products the best. In stock for your bike!

http://www.desmoworks.com/index.php...id=460&zenid=169b97d166dbf3846ea3bd53e938981d

More images here: http://www.blog.desmoworks.com/part...ymoto-rear-sets-on-the-shelf-and-more-images/

and here: http://www.blog.desmoworks.com/parts-and-accesories/high-res-speedymoto-rear-set-images/

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Hi Guys,

Wazza.
How exciting, five more sleeps! The Sato's are pretty but personally I am lusting after a set of acculigns and they do make them for the 848/1098 family http://www.acculign.com/ducati_1098.html I have tried dropping subtle hints but he just seems to be ignoring them!:( What is wrong with the man!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
can't vouch for the speedymoto rearsets, but can vouch for Anthony and his team at DW & Commoto, great guys and excellent service!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't speak for Speedymoto, but i CAN say i've owned almost every other pair including aculign, vortex, etc..... and I just got a set of black sato 2's for my track 1098 and I will tell you they are unreal! They are supper sticky, super durable, just the right amount of adjustments... I've found that people are so hung up on a million adjustments like the aculigns offer (amazing rear-sets as well)... but do you really need to be within 1 millionth of a setting? Sato's have like 15 on each side... perfecto. Not to mention they look killer!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Satos are nice...I have them on my 999, but!...CRG rearsets are WAY nice! The toe shift pedal and rear brake pedal fold too! Much more likely to keep working fine in case dropped. Fantastic workmanship. A buddy has 'em on his 1098S.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You don't even have the bike yet and you're wanting to buy rearsets? How do you know "stock" isn't perfectly fine for you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't even have the bike yet and you're wanting to buy rearsets? How do you know "stock" isn't perfectly fine for you?
Fair enough, i have ridden 1098s both on track and road,approx 200ks, plus my mates 1198,plus 50ks on demo, all up about 400ks,the rearsets that were fitted to two of the bikes gave me a more comfortable riding possie, plus i want the ability to change from road to track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know some people upgrade their stock rearsets so I'm looking for somebody that wants to sell their stock 1198 BLACK rearsets. Please call me (310) 384-2858 and let me know how much you want.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good thread.
I am in the market for some rear sets as well.
I was leaning towards Satos, till I saw the Acculigns.
You can't go wrong with any imo, matter of taste

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Satos (Type 2) on mine and I like them. I bought them from Dan Kyle and got quick good service.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Don't forget to check out Arrows, I had them on my 1098 and loved them.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
I want to trade my 1098 Sato type II rearset for Acculign plus $100, I have it on my 1098 street bike and I wear short to ride it all the time and this shit cut the back of my leg all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a set of Gilles rear sets. I like them pretty well, but the replacement rear brake lever didn't work for me. I went back to the OEM lever and everything works great.

I chose the Gilles because I'm a big guy and they seemed to offer the most increase in leg room.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts