Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 1198, with about 6500 miles on it, that is giving me some trouble. It starts fine and revs fine but the moment I start to go it starts to cut out the throttle before regaining itself and taking off. I initially though it was a loose ground wire that wasn't making a good connection but I have been over the entire bike and cant seem to find anything. Even on the highway cruising, at low rpm's it is cutting out. It only appears to be cutting out in the lower end of the RPM range. If I give it more of a launch it'll go without issues. The night before this issue occurred, I went to start the bike after fueling up and as I turned the key on and pressed the starter button the screen and lights shut off (like it would starting with a dead battery) but then turned back on. I didn't notice the issue riding home that night and once home I put it on the trickle charger thinking it was running low. Is it possible that issue has caused damage to the ECU or had affected the TPS?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Check the battery connections. I've seen the negative terminal get a micro-coating of crud (you can't even see it), that caused an open connection. wire brush the mating surfaces up and give it a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have mentioned that I replaced the battery and cleaned the terminals already lol. But the negative terminal was loaded with corrosion and nastiness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
? I also should mention it doesn't have any o2 sensors. I'm not sure if it's a full termi system but it has termi slash cut slip ons and no cat or o2 sensors throughout the entire exhaust, but it does have bungs for sensors. I believe the ECU is a Ducati performance ECU (I have yet to cross reference the part numbers)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts