Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to pull an 1198 clutch hub today, and it was loctited on to the shaft like i've seen a few of them. this one really didn't want to move. i tippity tapped the outer off with a slide hammer, but the inner was stuck and i couldn't see any way of pulling on it, and i couldn't get behind it with any effect. so i drilled a couple of holes in the blades and put a puller on it.

anyone got a neater/better way of doing it when they're stuck?

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the same issues when I upgraded the clutch basket to a 48 tooth EVR on my SP. Neither the flange nor the hub wanted to budge....I rigged this contraption up using an old pressure plate and a brake compressor tool for my old Jag. I can't quite remember what I did to remove the hub but I think I used a couple of spacers, a pice of bar stock, some long bolts that went in to the clutch cover mounts, and the same brake compressor to pull it off.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking this morning that i could have made a couple of straps out of the steel pallet strapping stuff, as that would slip down behind the hub in front of the basket. and then attached them to the puller and pulled it off. one for next time maybe.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
came straight off with the puller, easy peasy. i did have the hold the puller body with a big shifter to get it to crack, and it did need to be wound all the way off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts