Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's late I've been all over the internet so now I'm putting my trust in someone here. I have an 1198 standard and it's hard to start but while I was reading about the starting issues, I notice some people talking bout autostart. I have this feature on my Hypermotard but I have to hold the button on my 1198 to start. Is there autostart on certain 1198 models or am I missing something?

I would call the dealer but its 1am here.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Why'n the hell is that givin you start up probs? Never heard of it - though mine is an S model. Mine barks as quick as possible w/ huge compression issues. Battery in full order? Dont go more than a week w/o starting or battery tender. Ducati roadside (800-234-1353) is another option - good info 24 hrs day. CRANK that sucker up tonight in the garage. Then stare at it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
the 1198's are a bit harder to start than the 1098 was... they do not have the "autostart" feature as you call it, sometimes need a little throttle when starting cold... is nothing unusual

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I did go out to the garage and try giving a lil throttle at start and it worked started right up. I was just concerned about the auto-start and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I do enjoy that feature on my Hypermotard but my Hyper is an S model but don't think that matters.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys he is not asking about how hard his bike is starting he is asking about the one touch push the start button and release it and the starter will continue to crank until the bike fires up. This is a feature some models have like the Monster and Hypermotord, the 1198s dont have this feature that I am aware of and most likely if it added weight to the bike it was not put on.

Les

Oh and yes the 1198/1198S are a little cold blooded until broken in, I am 3500miles now and she starts very easy and likes to eat bikes with slanted headlights for lunch. LOL

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just picked up my new 1198 S and within the first 500 miles, it would sometimes take more than 5 tries to start it up! Talk about frustrating. I learned to give it a little gas when pushing the start button. It seems to be better now. Time will tell...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts