Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, riding in traffic with the stock mirrors has been making me crazy. I have to move my head to see, the bike is a foot wider, making lanesplitting harder.

So I just installed a pair of KTM Superduke mirror from KTMtwins.com; $27/ea plus $9 ea for an adapter. $20 ea for Moose mirror adapters...

...adapters and attractive effective mirrors for less than the Rizoma mirror mounts alone...

...yes, I'm cheap.

Attachments

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
This is a common upgrade. I believe 08Hyper did the same mod and he is stoked about it from what I can tell.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This is a common upgrade. I believe 08Hyper did the same mod and he is stoked about it from what I can tell.
10-4, Good buddy, :rolleyes: same set-up as mine, I feel the mirrors are "disposable" items, so the cheaper the better, (as long as they work) so at $27 a wack, I can afford to play tag with a stupid cage driver now and then. :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm still making up my mind over the standard mirrors, I like the visibility but I always seem to be dicking around with them, I just get them right and I have to fold them in to lane split. Your solution looks good but can someone tell me what the unused plug on the levers are for? I just assumed they were where the "normal" mirrors go

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, ordered the Acerbis street guards with turn signals - they arrive next week. I'll box up the stockones for memorabilia...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, ordered the adapters from Motostrano...I didn't see them at KTMtwins (their site is lame).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'll have to see it once you put the new barkbusters on there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fitment

Will these screw into the normal mirror adapter peice that comes with the standard ducati mirror relocation set

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Even cheaper, I got my mirror mounts from ebay for $3 or $6 for a full set I think. Don't look as good as the moose but for the price not bad at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How is the shake compared to the stock ones?
Having owned a Super Duke I can tell you that the stock mirrors vibrated horribly. I replaced them with a set of CRG Arrows. A premium mirror at a premium price. Needless to say I did not let them go when I sold the KTM. Most likely will adapt them to the Hyper when time permits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts