Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have 2 option available at this moment

Monster 1100S 2009 with 41000 miles
Monster 1100 Evo 2012 with 18000 miles

I had 696 in the past and absolutely love the monsters (espicailly air cooled).
Can you please advice me from your experience ?
41000 miles considered high ?

Thanks!
Roei

·
Registered
400 Posts
I personally prefer the 1100s to the 1100evo but it does seem to be rather high mileage, I don't know if you could purchase from the UK because a friend on the UKMOC forum is putting an immaculate 1100s up for sale shortly with just over 2000 miles on the clock ....it's only a thought!.

Geoff...>:)

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
A buddy of mine has an 1100evo with 60K miles on it. It is just now starting to leak oil and maybe in need of an overhaul.

·
Smut peddler
1,148 Posts
When I was on the hunt for a monster, I passed up a few of the non evo models because I love the evo motor, and I didn't particularly care for the earlier versions rearset setup with the passenger pegs. Looked like some kind of Icarus thing. In hindsight, I miss the dry clutch, the S version has a better suspension, and there are more than a couple cool aftermarket rearset manufacturers to replace the factory ones. But then again, goddamn I love my evo motor with the comp workes megatooters on it. It's a blend of symphonic chorus and fucking hostile acceleration that should be covered by Healthcare providers as therapy.

Flip of the coin, I guess.

Reactions: t-bills
1 - 7 of 7 Posts