Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am currently looking to buy my first hypermotard. I am looking mainly for an early 1100s or the 1100 evo sp. I am seeing a lot of 1100s around for sale but not many evo sp. Is it worth it to hold out for a nice evo to come up or is the older air cooled bike better? TIA

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After i posted, i found the nice write up someone did after switching from an 1100s to an evo sp. It definitely has me leaning that way.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You really do feel the difference with the lighter wheels.... You won't as such cos you'll go straight to it but if you ride the 2 back to back you will...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To follow up on this, I ended up picking up a 2012 evo sp. It needs some work like a full service, which I can do myself, and it needs a few parts replaced like the left fairing, the shifter and I would like to get some hand guards that have turn signals, because it currently has no front signals. It also could use a good detailing. It looks like its taken some abuse in its life, but I think the price I paid was at least somewhat reflective of its needs. I think i can get it serviced and looking right without having over spent on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is a lad on here that does z conversation for the oem hanguards to give running lights built in... Ive a set on mine..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts