Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1100S with a "poor mans" full system. It has factory headers, a Leo Vince mid pipe and a Dan Moto muffler for a GSXR 600 or something. It looks kinda crappy but the bike runs fine.The bike has pod filters and has been re-flashed. It also has a power commander but it's trims are set to zero as the re-flash by the dealer was to the same specs as the full system chip....or that's the story anyway.

I have a little mad money and was thinking of buying the full Termi system. It has carbon side covers which are missing on my bike but does not come with an ECU. My guess is it should run OK as the bike is supposedly flashed for the system and even if it's not it basically has something that is pretty similar on the bike and runs good.

Any opinions ? It will run awesome , it will run like shit ? Its not worth it ? Quit asking stupid questions ?

BTW I know jack all about using the power commander. I do the maintenance on this bike but I am leery of messing up a good thing. I guess I could save the money for cams or forged pistons or something but the exhaust is a bit too loud and crappy looking for my tastes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pics? I would wait to find a screaming deal on a full system that you like the looks of. Between your flash and the tuner you wont need a new ecu. I would probably find used as opposed to new. You will basically just changing the look and a slight increase in performance(talking 1-2hp) and sound(sound is subjective though). For the price of a new termi system you could find a a used full system AND do a 520 chain conversion (if you dont already have it) or another mod.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics? I would wait to find a screaming deal on a full system that you like the looks of. Between your flash and the tuner you wont need a new ecu. I would probably find used as opposed to new. You will basically just changing the look and a slight increase in performance(talking 1-2hp) and sound(sound is subjective though). For the price of a new termi system you could find a a used full system AND do a 520 chain conversion (if you dont already have it) or another mod.
Interesting idea , used full systems with the carbon side plates may be hard to find tho. I have some homework to do it looks like.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi Shawn,

I'm in the UK BUT, I have a set of LeoVince titanium cans which fit straight onto the decat AND a spare pair of carbon side pods doing nothing in my garage. Was eventually planning to 'bay them, but if you're interested let me know.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shawn,

I'm in the UK BUT, I have a set of LeoVince titanium cans which fit straight onto the decat AND a spare pair of carbon side pods doing nothing in my garage. Was eventually planning to 'bay them, but if you're interested let me know.
View attachment 981477
In the pic they are fitted to a model with a cat. Mine links together and comes up the right side. How do they mount up ? I am interested if they will fit the single linked pipe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the pic is playing tricks with my brain. I think the stock catted exhaust links to one pipe. I'm interested. PM me if you think we can work a deal.

·
Registered
705 Posts
In the pic they are fitted to a model with a cat. Mine links together and comes up the right side. How do they mount up ? I am interested if they will fit the single linked pipe.
The LeoVince de-cat is a striaght swap for the standard issue cat on the HM. The Leo can set-up will fit straight onto the standard cat or onto the Leo de-cat. Here's a pic of mine with the de-cat and cans fitted.
HM 4 MSss.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that when I investigated it further. Looks slick. If you are interested in selling them hit me up. My Hyper looks just like yours !

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'll need to check out how much Fedex it to you will cost from the UK - can you let me have address details or at least your zip code?
I'm thinking US$400 for the cans, mounting bracket and carbon side pods, plus the cost of postage - is that OK with you?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I started a conversation , Don't know if that is the same as a direct message but we can at least get a few things worked out that way !!

·
Registered
705 Posts
There are 10 photos plus I tracked down a LeoV schematic for assembly, etc., which I've Pdf'd. I don't think I can attached that lot to a Forum message, if you let me have your email address I'll send them that way.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are 10 photos plus I tracked down a LeoV schematic for assembly, etc., which I've Pdf'd. I don't think I can attached that lot to a Forum message, if you let me have your email address I'll send them that way.
I sent you a message in our previous conversation containing my email address.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts