Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an aftermarket oil cooler shroud to eliminate the void caused by removing the charcoal canister?

·
Registered
355 Posts
As far as I know, the shrouds from the Euro market do not have this space.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone make an aftermarket oil cooler shroud to eliminate the void caused by removing the charcoal canister?
This is where I got mine. Genuine Ducati part they put on the European version bikes that don't have the canister. Looks 1000% better.

http://www.e-securedsite.com/motowheels/ITALIAN/index.cfm

Search for part #48410691A

They show 3 in-stock. $35.00, grab one quick!

PS- It says it's for a M696, but I have it on my M1100. They're the same part.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can't we just get rid of the plastic shroud all together - all of it?
Yes, you can. I've seen bikes without it. DoWorkSon has posted pictures of his bike without it.

Personally, I like it on. It supports the protective grill I put on my oil-cooler, and it funnels more air over the engine for better cooling.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
A friend of ours has developed a custom made bracket so to mount the rectifier in either a vertical or flat (horiz) position. The bracket is needed as the rectifier mounts to the inside of the shroud on the right hand side. He spent a good amount of time designing it, perhaps he'll make a few extras if there is demand for it.

I personally am going to give it a shot but the more my shroud stays on, the more i kind'a like it. I ordered the motowheels shroud for the left hand side should i elect to remove the emissions cannister and maintain the shroud look without having an empty space there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What do you have to do to remove the canister? Is there and adjustments or just cut the lines off?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just pull the lines off of the throttle bodies. They make little rubber caps for blocking off open vacuum lines. Just slide the caps over the nipples on the throttle bodies that the lines came off of. The only line you need to keep is the one that comes off of the gas tank, just route that one down wherever you can.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
just installed mine, looks like this (and looks a lot better than it did with the can on it)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had this mod done for some time now. What I have had to redo was replace the nipples(HeHe) on the intakes with M6 bolts and washers loctited in place because of eventual vacuum leakage. Also I had to add hose clamps to the vapor/return lines at the fuel tank and "Y" I added because of excess fuel smell, you'll still smell vapors some because that was the job of the charcoal canister, but mine where excessive. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just pull the lines off of the throttle bodies. They make little rubber caps for blocking off open vacuum lines. Just slide the caps over the nipples on the throttle bodies that the lines came off of. The only line you need to keep is the one that comes off of the gas tank, just route that one down wherever you can.
there are actually TWO lines coming from the gas tank you need to keep open. one is the gas overflow line, and the other is the gas vent line.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have had this mod done for some time now. What I have had to redo was replace the nipples(HeHe) on the intakes with M6 bolts and washers loctited in place because of eventual vacuum leakage. Also I had to add hose clamps to the vapor/return lines at the fuel tank and "Y" I added because of excess fuel smell, you'll still smell vapors some because that was the job of the charcoal canister, but mine where excessive. ;)
I also went this route rather than capping off the nipples

1 - 20 of 21 Posts