Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2013 1100 EVO in pristine shape from a gentleman in MN.
So because I bought out of state I have to title through the mail and haven't ridden more than in my neighbourhood. I'm sure it'll be raining the day my title and plates come. My last Ducati was a 500 Pantah almost 30 years ago. Kids are grown now and I'm late 50s with a bad neck and a need to sit more upright. Watching reviews I kept feeling like I needed lots of power and had a good look at sweet 2016 1200s Monster. Very comfortable to sit on but I really like the look of the air cooled engines, even with the increased maintenance. When I looked up the stats on the prior bikes I owned when I had a real need for speed they were all about 50hp and seemed plenty fast at the time. I'm sure 100hp and 76 ft-lbs of torque will be more than enough in the real world (a 40 mile commute on the freeway to work and 40 miles on the backroads home). Glad to have a Ducati again and all my friends from when we were 20 know I have a big smile on my face.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Beautiful bike!
Welcome to the forum, there are ultra-experienced (I'm not one of them btw) guys here willing to share and help, enjoy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nicely molested. I‘ll probably make a few small changes down the road. Thinking of some sliders for insurance. Central Wisconsin can get a bit slick without much notice. And, there’s always a chance of dropping her.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
oops, just read the rules.from Wausau Wisconsin
Good catch...........rumour has it, Super Modulator to the stars (Scott) gets paid by Ducati to track all inhabitants of the loony bin here...................

Shhhhhhhhh.............. he's also always listenin.................:devilish:

Reactions: Kroc and scott
1 - 6 of 6 Posts