Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s official, I just bought my friends 2010 hyper evo. I just missed this bike so much I decided I would get my hands on one of these again the minute I could get a nice price...
time is now, got it for $2k I’m probably going to spend like $5k on maintenance and upgrades over the next 2 years because my idea is to make this bike like New, take it apart clean, replace any broken, missing or just old time parts with new ones

The bike is in awful state, it runs but leaking oil and just needs a lot of attention. The good thing is, the bike was mostly ridden around town, never race, never wheelie and no accidents, most maintenance was done at the dealer
but that’s where I’m going to start first, check valves, new belts, spark plugs, and new fluids everywhere, all the cosmetic stuff will come second until I find a decent price like these set of like new mint handguards I found on ebay for $600, they are so like new they even have the mirror stickers

And here she is...La Colorada (ginger)

I will post back later on with a list of things I want to do and if you have any ideas or parts you will want to sell or donate :ROFLMAO: let me know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey man congrats. I legit just finished fixing mine up. Spent 3300 up front. I'm at about 6k all in right now.

I got some good tips and troubleshooting if you need any. It was an absolute beeyotch at times but so so so worth it. I also fixed a few oil leaks and while it wasn't a particularly difficult job, it was a little nerve wracking.

Otherwise, best of luck and enjoy :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts