Spiegler
etc etc
what should I use and if you have please expalin why you chose that brand
Much appreciate ya help
dh

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
why do you want different brake lines? Is it for the looks( color )? Because all Ducati brake lines are steel braided. In Europe, we mostly retrofit with Goodridge brake lines. Spiegler and Hel should also fare well, but personally haven't heard of Fran Tubo(doesn't mean it's bad)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
brake lines

SO I did this track day.....as expected some bolts etc wold rattle loose and as I'd go thru my nut n bolt check I'd "reloktight" them and put them on my check list.
A few months back however I did the "cat" thing with a Leo Vince pipe, It has a 16 x 1.5 mm bolt right at the curve that points towards the bottom of the swing arm n my REAR BRAKE LINE...that bolt came loose and got lost...I liked the sound & continued not bothering with an "extra exhaust outlet" - not realizing the heat would melt some wires & the black sheeting on my brake lines....( also I was at the track n had no way of finding a replacement)
having said that LONG story...trust me it's not for color - just want metal braided without any cheezy plastic coating & wider if possible or better (better after testing not just sales) - that's why I posted on here.
but guess 50 views n 1 response aint bad to get the ball rolling

dont know how to post pictures but the line seems to go into the swingarm and I just thought if there is a know preferred replacement I rather have it :D

does goodridge make lines for the hyper? anyone use these?

·
Old Fast Guy
488 Posts
...that bolt came loose and got lost...I liked the sound & continued not bothering with an "extra exhaust outlet" - not realizing the heat would melt some wires & the black sheeting on my brake lines....(
......metal braided without any cheezy plastic coating & wider if possible or better (better after testing not just sales).....
dh,
Are you serious here? You made a bone-head decision to continue to run a bike with a serious exhaust leak that you "liked" the sound of and then you say the OEM lines have "cheezy" plastic coverings. You really don't know how lucky you are. ALL the "braided" steel brake lines are not "steel" at the center. They are covered with the steel overbraid to help prevent pressure swell and abrasion of the core line, which is "plastic". Actually teflon in most cases, and will eventually MELT when exposed to exhaust heat.

My suggestion is to replace with the OEM line and don't continue to ride a damaged bike.

BTW, ANY brake line that is sold as an OEM replacement MUST pass the applicable DOT pressure test requirements. Any differences in brand are generally the fitting hardware styles, coatings and colorings (basically bling).

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
spiegler and hel both make excellent products. Top Duc makes some good points and if you are just looking to do an OEM replacement then spiegler or hel will get it done for probably less money then the duc part. Fren tubo is pure exotica but if you really like being able to choose the exact diameter, pressure rating and type of material, go that way.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just got a Galfer line shipped, custom order for a single rotor setup, ordered via Motowheels.
Will give a feedback when installed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dh,
Are you serious here? You made a bone-head decision to continue to run a bike with a serious exhaust leak that you "liked" the sound of and then you say the OEM lines have "cheezy" plastic coverings. You really don't know how lucky you are. ALL the "braided" steel brake lines are not "steel" at the center. They are covered with the steel overbraid to help prevent pressure swell and abrasion of the core line, which is "plastic". Actually teflon in most cases, and will eventually MELT when exposed to exhaust heat.
TD- bone head is right.....I realize after the run that the O2 sensor nut was missing - I didnt realize the hot exhaust smoke was sorta pointed right at the brake line....
anyway lesson learnt & remembered :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts