Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time for the 1100 and 696? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That doesn't seem right. I'm not sure how the 1100 is geared, but I saw 139 mph on my S2R1000 before I put my Arrow system on, with stock gearing.

I guess that little headlight fairing on my S2R and doing my best to tuck under the paint while chasing my buddy's CBR1000 in vain makes a pretty big difference....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Says in my handbooks speedo is designed to read 8% fast so 132 would read 143 mph.
What's up with that 8% increase on the speedo anyway? Is it to try and save you from tickets, so you're not going as fast as you think you are?

It drives me and my OCD a little crazy, as I'm constantly doing the math in my head to try and calculate my ACTUAL speed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What's up with that 8% increase on the speedo anyway? Is it to try and save you from tickets, so you're not going as fast as you think you are?

It drives me and my OCD a little crazy, as I'm constantly doing the math in my head to try and calculate my ACTUAL speed!
Try riding with gps and check your speedo,there miles out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try riding with gps and check your speedo,there miles out.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying the 8% doesn't matter because the speedo isn't accurate anyway?

I'd like to ride with my GPS, but I don't take long trips on my bike and I don't want to spend the money on a mount just to test my speedo.

·
Premium Member
12,283 Posts
The 8% is pretty accurate ,doing 108 by speedo =100on the GPS (hyper)

I agree with not liking to do the math while riding ,other more important things to think about.

Is there a fix for this ,and another question was asked what about the Odometer reading are we putting 8% more miles on the bike than are actually on it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
...and another question was asked what about the Odometer reading are we putting 8% more miles on the bike than are actually on it?
I wondered that too. Why in the world would you want to show 8% more milage than the bike actually has??? Surely it logs the correct miles, but just increases the displayed speed.

That would be easy enough to test with your GPS. Please report back with your findings... :D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
I wondered that too. Why in the world would you want to show 8% more milage than the bike actually has??? Surely it logs the correct miles, but just increases the displayed speed.

That would be easy enough to test with your GPS. Please report back with your findings... :D
That's correct. The odo is right. Only the speedo is 8% fast.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's correct. The odo is right. Only the speedo is 8% fast.
Thanks! I thought that must be the case. The only thing I can figure is the 8% faster display is a "CYA" for Ducati for legal reasons.

"But Officer, my speedometer said 70mph, I SWEAR!!!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts