Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ever happened to anyone? All of a sudden i noticed the tank cover seems to be warped. if you look at the right side cover, it is warped.. getting dealer to replace, just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
get rid of that thing (charcoal canister). and get a euro left side air shroud from motowheels

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was wondering if the tanks would expand on the newer bikes, especially with the racing stripes down the middle.

I have an early 09' 696 and the tank expanded with in months of owning it, with the canister removed, the tank expanded enough to just begin to expose the grey tank near the base/seat area on ether side of the center strip. Also the length expanded to wedge the tank into its pocket under the seat, needing a mallet to bang it off of the frame.

Seems that there were only a few 696 s effected as badly as mine according to a DMF site pole.
When I took the bike to the dealer, they said it is designed to expand a little and did nothing. The tank has shrunk back to near normal after I left the tank empty for a few weeks, but it is still slightly warped that the tank skins are a little crooked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts