Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been awhile since I have been in here need some info re my purchase of a 1098.Will be trading my s2r800 and 999s plus some cash on the 1098s tricolor will my clutch cover change over from the 999? and how many recalls do I need to check for? as far as I know the voltage reg and rear sprocket are the only ones.Man I will really miss the 999 and the monster but once I started riding the 999 the 800 didn`t really get alot of use .Any other checks I should make?, have not even test ridden the 1098 yet and won,t until I confirm the cash side of things

·
9,757 Posts
You can swap clutch covers between the 999 and 1098.

The only two recalls are the regulator and the sprocket. Aside from that, verify that the maintenance schedule has been followed, and just give the bike a good once over like you would any other bike.

You won't miss your 999 once you ride this bike for the first time. Be careful though; the first time I rode my 1098s I pulled a surprise wheelie at a green light cause I was used to hamfisting the throttle. The gobs of power will seem like an inconvenience at first, but once you get everything dialed in you'll love it and want more.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt not so sure about not missing the 999 Iam one of the few that really liked the 999s looks although the single swingarm is a feature I love,will also have to replace the top yoke the cnc machined one on the 999 is to die for many thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can swap clutch covers between the 999 and 1098.

The only two recalls are the regulator and the sprocket. Aside from that, verify that the maintenance schedule has been followed, and just give the bike a good once over like you would any other bike.

You won't miss your 999 once you ride this bike for the first time. Be careful though; the first time I rode my 1098s I pulled a surprise wheelie at a green light cause I was used to hamfisting the throttle. The gobs of power will seem like an inconvenience at first, but once you get everything dialed in you'll love it and want more.
Yeah would he said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but one more hurdle to go the wife,will be going down the one bike is cheaper to run than two, more room in garage,great trade in price and I might even try the collectible line,strange there never seems to be any problem with Italian shoe purchases

561 Posts
There was some idler wheel recall's, as well as a starter and spraig gear recall on the 1098.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I have since found out that the bike was first owned by the principle ducati importer for nz and has had the royal treatment.By the way the wife flipped out when I told her which just makes me want her more(the 1098 that is)

·
Registered
190 Posts
30mm Triple Clamp?

Go for a set of 30mm offset triple clamps, that way you get performance and looks. The 30mm triple from motowheels.com was the best mod I did to my bike. It shoulda come with that geometry from the factory.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm new to 1098S ownership. Why the new triple clamp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts